Inshore/nearshore report NE Florida waters

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
cosbyrec
Angler
Angler

Inshore/nearshore report NE Florida waters

Post by cosbyrec » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:57 pm

Finally, we have had some SE breezes that won't peel your eyelids back. Hopefully, the strong east winds will give us a break.The local kingfish tournaments began this past weekend with the Kingbuster out of St. Augustine. Pogies are on the beach, and I saw several tarpon today at the jetty tips.

The redfish are still hanging around the jetty tips, and can be caught on jigs and various types of live bait, including shrimp and mud minnows. My customers caught five slot fish today with four pushing 30 inches. They are also in the ICW and the creeks. As the creeks warm , the best catching will be in the early AM and late afternoon. Also, they may be under any pogie pods you find along the coast.

Ladyfish and jacks can provide a lot of fun, too. Schools of the larger jacks should move into our area with the arrival of the pogies. Some larger flounder have been caught recently near the various inlets. Sailcats are here too, and one stuck me in the finger the other day as I was trying to salvage a jig. In retrospect, it's probably best to just cut the line.

We had about five inches of rain recently which should dilute the very salty river. This should improve the trout fishing. I caught three nice 16 to 18 inch trout on flies the other AM.

Tight lines!
CAPT Bob Cosby

--
Captain Bob's Fishing Charters,Inc.
http://www.captainbobsfishingcharters.com
Attachments
Murle 002.jpg
jetty red
Murle 002.jpg (21.19 KiB) Viewed 2513 times