v wake from River 2 Sea Product review

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
twitchtwitchreel
Angler
Angler

v wake from River 2 Sea Product review

Post by twitchtwitchreel » Tue May 01, 2007 9:02 am

Top notch is all I can say! this crank bait is a great addition to the tool kit. it can be worked just below the surface allowing you to work the bait in a shallow grass bed or shell reef. Even at a ultra slow retrieve the bait has a lot of action. As you increase the speed the bait will move to a 1’ level and stay there. No rolling over on its side or flipping over. You can hammer down on this bait and it will go!

I plan on using this bait for the fish that are only rolling on a topwater bait but is to shallow for a jighead or suspending bait.

Great Job River 2 Sea!

twitchtwitchreel
Angler
Angler

Re: v wake from River 2 Sea Product review

Post by twitchtwitchreel » Tue May 29, 2007 11:43 am

I just thought I would post an update. Over the last month I have been putting the v wake through some grueling trials. It has held up to every one. I am most impressed with it’s corrosion resistance. That was one of my big concerns in the beginning. I was worried the linkage would rust and freeze up the bait. I don’t make it a habit of washing off my baits and have treated the v wake no different. I am fishing the clown color the most and have to say the trout and redfish kill it. It is a great bait for filling the gap between the jig head and the top water. At first glance you think “just another crank bait” but I have to say it is anything but that. Casting takes a little practice. It is clumsy through the air at first but with a few shots it is on the mark. I have had the most success with this bait in port Aransas where the water is ultra clear and shallow. This bait can be fished over grass beads with ease. A slow retrieve does the trick.

P.s. the supper spook and supper spook jr. in clown, chrome & blue & Spectrum have been go to colors for the last 2 months. Reds and trout are knocking the paint off like nobodies business.