6/30/06--Bassin' with Paul

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

6/30/06--Bassin' with Paul

Post by Lightninrod » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:19 pm

also known as slow-rollin, in the swamp pond.

We got there about 9:30 AM after Paul drove all the way over from Ft. Gordon, GA. Met him a a Pilot truck stop which was right across the street from a 'special' restaurant that Paul wanted to visit but I told him we had to hit the road.

Got up to 95 degrees F or so, almost no wind, sunny with just a few clouds. The water was a dirty looking, stained mess as the pond hadn't had any rain for a month or so. The water level was down at least 2-3'

Paul started off with a keeper from the bank and then he commenced to skunk me for the next hour or so until I popped a dink with jig...whew...at least I wasn't going to get skunked. He caught a total of seven Bass. The man is a skilled caster for sure. He was putting baits where I'd never try to get one.

I finally got a crankbait keeper Bass but it threw the hooks after I got it on board and then jumped out of the boat before I could grab it. I say it was a "catch" but Paul gave me a little static about it(wink!) We ended up catching some a little heavier as we got near the getting-out spot. I ended up with five I think.

Great time togeather with a lot of laughs and a fair amount of Bass though there were no big ones.

Paul's Bass:

Mine:

Dan

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 6/30/06--Bassin' with Paul

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:22 pm

very nice lookin bass you guys caught there.. Glad you guys had some fun while fishin! Killer lookin gear! :lol:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats