Some of our bass landed in Japan

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
OhioBassin03
Angler
Angler

Some of our bass landed in Japan

Post by OhioBassin03 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:34 pm

New to the forum but figured I'd post some of the bass that I have caught with a friend here in Japan. The other day we had an amazing day with 9 bass landed, that's pretty good for these waters.
My Personal Best in Japan
43cm Bass
My friend's 51cm bass
My first Japanese bass
Friend's bass with his son
Possibly my smallest ever
Friend's nice bass
My 3 1/2 pounder

litterbox
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Some of our bass landed in Japan

Post by litterbox » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 am

Great pics. I would love to go to Japan. I bet it was a great trip. I noticed you are from south eastern Ohio. I am originally from Portsmouth, but now I live in Chillicothe to work in Columbus. I have a fishing buddy that I work with from Gallopolis. It is nice to see fellow Ohioans on here. Anyways, being new myself to TT, Welcome.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:20 am

dude that looks so kool, how did you get to go over there.... man i would love to go to japan, it just looks so nice and peaceful over there
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:34 am

thats pretty sweet! :lol: Looks like a great place to visit and do some killer fishing along with SHOPPING for gear! :evil:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

OhioBassin03
Angler
Angler

Post by OhioBassin03 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:47 am

Yeah it's been a great time. I've been here for about 5 months now for a college internship. What better way to improve your Japanese speaking then to actually spend time in the country right? All this great gear has my head spinning now though. I'm actually at this minute in the process of bidding on a new Alphas Ito Ai. I hope to get to do some more fishing with my friend before I come home. I was really lucky to meet a Japanese tournament pro here and we've had a blast.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:16 am

so what are you intering over there???? what are you doin relating to college
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

OhioBassin03
Angler
Angler

Post by OhioBassin03 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:27 am

I'm working at an industrial company. They make parts for multiple major car companies, and they also make tubing, and batteries. They actually make the batteries for the automatic fishing reels, and for the ASIMO robot. I have two majors in college, Japanese and Technology Management, so I came here to teach English classes for their new employees. I really found this as a great opportunity to improve my Japanese language skills, and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Getting to fish all the time is just a big bonus :D

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:29 am

lucky *!%$^@$, lol, congrats, i hope to be able to go over there one day, is it that big of a cultraul shock??? is stuff over there more expensive?? how is it, so you think you would HAVE to know japeanse (spellin) to come over there and be able to communacaite with ppl, dude i cannot spell worth crap :lol:
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

OhioBassin03
Angler
Angler

Post by OhioBassin03 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:41 am

Well the culture shock can hit you pretty hard, but I had the chance to spend a month in Japan last summer for school. That really helped to ease the culture shock a lot being with other people that I knew.
Yes, pretty much everything is more expensive over here. I couldn't beleive some of the prices of the tackle my first trip to the store. I still can't bring myself to spend 70 to 100 bucks on a swimbait.
It's not too hard to communicate if people are willing to try. It really depends on where you are though. I am in the country so I pretty much rely on Japanese as a main form of communication. Nothing is a better teacher than being completely submerged in it, but it's one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:47 am

like is gas high over there, is simple things like milk, bread, meat, cheese expensive, man i am just so intruiged about this, sorry for all the questions
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:50 am

DUDE I SWEAR THAT DUDE IN THE BACK OF THAT ONE PIC OF YOUR SMALLEST BASS EVER LOOKS JUST LIKE CAL.......WOWWWWWWWWW
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

OhioBassin03
Angler
Angler

Post by OhioBassin03 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:12 am

No problem about the questions, but we're on pretty different time zones right now so it may take a little bit for me to answer. It's about 2 am right now.
Yeah. Like I said, pretty much everything is more expensive here. Gas is about 1.30 a liter (you do the math to gallons, lol). I think toilet paper and regular letter paper are the only things that I have found cheaper, lol.
I assure you the guy in the back of my pic isn't Cal... Cal definitely catches more and bigger fish than him :)

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:14 am

Boonethelunkerlander wrote:DUDE I SWEAR THAT DUDE IN THE BACK OF THAT ONE PIC OF YOUR SMALLEST BASS EVER LOOKS JUST LIKE CAL.......WOWWWWWWWWW
How do you think I get all that cool tackle? :quiet:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:23 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA but seriously from the pics of cal i have seen and seeing that dude i was like WOAAA, dang what is cal doing over there
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

IRAX
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by IRAX » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:36 am

what part of japan are you in ??

i spent a few months in Arida and visited a few different places like wakayama , osaka , kyoto , and tokyo

there were more places but i cannot remember the names off hand lol.
your lucky dude i hated to leave, i loved it there.