Project Tundra Type R

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Project Tundra Type R

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:13 am

I’ve been up to this project and it’s about done. Just got the Magnuson 2650 supercharger installed and a trip with the wife down. Pictures of my 2019 tundra trd pro I found with 17k miles and as of this post 30k miles
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Project Tundra Type R

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:28 am

goldrod wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:13 am
I’ve been up to this project and it’s about done. Just got the Magnuson 2650 supercharger installed and a trip with the wife down. Pictures of my 2019 tundra trd pro I found with 17k miles and as of this post 30k miles
Tundra's are amazing looking trucks, I remember when that 5.7 first came out. Was the fastest 0-60 truck around other than like 2WD SRT10 Rams. I am desperately looking to get a truck in the next year or so. Right now the wife drives a Nissan Rogue and I pull the boat with a Grand Marquis. I'd like to know after a while how your Tundra holds up to those aftermarket parts.

Did you have to do any transmission or other drive train upgrades after adding that much power???

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:25 pm

I have the dyno results but what i like is the 305 tires
Attachments
900il_IMG_2429.jpg
900il_IMG_2429.jpg (89.98 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:29 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:28 am
goldrod wrote:
Tundra's are amazing looking trucks, I remember when that 5.7 first came out. Was the fastest 0-60 truck around other than like 2WD SRT10 Rams. I am desperately looking to get a truck in the next year or so. Right now the wife drives a Nissan Rogue and I pull the boat with a Grand Marquis. I'd like to know after a while how your Tundra holds up to those aftermarket parts.

Did you have to do any transmission or other drive train upgrades after adding that much power???
I will keep you updated
I went with IDash data monster and pedal monster and air mouse
I didnt do the install myself but so far my wife likes it. The dash camera parking mode is something i have grown to love

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:31 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:29 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I will keep you updated
I didnt do the install myself but so far my wife likes it. The dash camera parking mode is something i have grown to love
Are those orange arms called trailing arms? What are they for? I have only ever seen them on long suspension travel Baja-style trucks...

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:05 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:31 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:29 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
goldrod wrote:

I will keep you updated
Are those orange arms called trailing arms? What are they for? I have only ever seen them on long suspension travel Baja-style trucks...
Those are ladder bars same as traction bars but instead of a single Bar they are built like a ladder and serve the same purpose albeit more decorative. From my research they help with axle wrap especially when you are wanting to put down more power.
I did alot of research and no you dont really see them on toyota trucks but i wasnt going for a lifted look as lifts and big tires are not conducive for speed and turns. I increased the width of the tires and the overall height of the truck slightly.
By the Grace of God I will be done this week with the whole thing.. I ran into an issue that I will resolve this week.

if you do a youtube search on traction bars you'll find some interesting views. For me its helped alot

Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kimbro1014 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:13 am

That’s a SWEET truck Goldie!