Well I finished it

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Well I finished it

Post by Golferpimp1 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:01 pm

Just thought id share this with you guys!!
In February I set out to finish an olympic distance triathlon. I did this as a fundraiser for the luekemia and lymphoma society through a group called Team In Training. I have been training since February and the event finally came up on Monday the 29th of May. I did finish the event despite two flat tires on the bike, and the run was brutal (but I didnt walk!! ran the whole thing) due to 95* weather. All in all I raised 2,605 for the society, I lost 20lbs, and learned a lot about disipline, pride, and how hard some people really have it (as we all had a patient we spoke with throughout the process, and these kids are amazing and have the most incredible attitudes). I have included pictures below, and if anyone is interested please PM me and I will give your more information.
The distances were
Swim = 1 Mile
Bike = 25 miles
Run = 6.2 miles

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Well I finished it

Post by Cal » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Congrats Marcus!

I've done one too.. sprint distance as i'm not a very good swimmer.. one of the hardest things I've done in my life. Team in Training is a great society! Way to go!!

=D> =D> =D>
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

splash
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by splash » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Way to go, Marcus!!! I have neither the disciplin nor the will power to train and go through some thing like that. My hats off to you!!!
Splash
Sponsors: Team Daiwa, Sunline,Dobyns Rods, Humminbird, Hobie Polarized, Minn Kota, SavePhace, Falcon Lures, SnagProof.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:15 am

Very Cool! I think the swim would be the rough part for me. ;)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:47 am

i think the swimming, runnin, and biking part would be hard for me :lol: , dude that is very impressive,congrats
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:30 am

Congrats Marcus,

I salute you sir. That was a wonderfull thing you did.

D.R.

God Bless
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

scachamer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by scachamer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:15 am

Congrats! :D

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:55 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

tibor01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tibor01 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:39 pm

Well done Golfer, top effort!!! :D

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:01 pm

Kudos GP. :clap:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:03 pm

hmmm... Specialized Allez with aluminum frame and Shimano 105 components maybe? :)

let's talk upgrades Golfer :evil22:
Cal, Managing Editor

Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Golferpimp1 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:48 am

Cal wrote:Image

hmmm... Specialized Allez with aluminum frame and Shimano 105 components maybe? :)

let's talk upgrades Golfer :evil22:

Cal, you cease to amaze me.
Its a
Trek 2200
ZR9000 custom alloy frame w/ Carbon fork and seat stays!!
And yes, all the components are Shimano Ultegra!!! Cause Daiwa doesnt make TDZ Bike components!!!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:06 am

Oh Darn... how could I have missed the telltale "T" on your head tube... oh well, it's been a while. I was going by the graphic on your topbar - looked long enough to say "Specialized"... figured it was aluminum by the size of the tube though :)

Carbon Stays... pretty slick man.. must make that aluminum frame feel like butter. I've ridden a Titanium frame with that setup (where the design originated) and it is one SWEET ride.

If you get some extra cash, try getting a set of Dura Ace wheels with some Mavic Open 4 rims. It will smooth out your ride even further compared to those Bontrager (Trek) wheels ;)

Good decision going with the Ultegra package.. solid components. Triple in the front or double? :big grin:

I have two road bikes... one is a Litespeed Tuscany with full Dura Ace, carbon seat tube and handlebar, Velomax (I think they're Easton now) wheels. The other is a Specialized Sworks M4 with full Ultegra built as a trials bike out of spare parts ;)

Also have a nice hard tail mountain bike and a road tandem.

Needless to say, the biking portion of the Tri I participated in, years ago, was my favorite part :big grin:

Man i gotta get back on my bike!
Cal, Managing Editor

Golferpimp1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Golferpimp1 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:53 am

Cal wrote:Oh Darn... how could I have missed the telltale "T" on your head tube... oh well, it's been a while. I was going by the graphic on your topbar - looked long enough to say "Specialized"... figured it was aluminum by the size of the tube though :)

Carbon Stays... pretty slick man.. must make that aluminum frame feel like butter. I've ridden a Titanium frame with that setup (where the design originated) and it is one SWEET ride.

If you get some extra cash, try getting a set of Dura Ace wheels with some Mavic Open 4 rims. It will smooth out your ride even further compared to those Bontrager (Trek) wheels ;)

Good decision going with the Ultegra package.. solid components. Triple in the front or double? :big grin:

I have two road bikes... one is a Litespeed Tuscany with full Dura Ace, carbon seat tube and handlebar, Velomax (I think they're Easton now) wheels. The other is a Specialized Sworks M4 with full Ultegra built as a trials bike out of spare parts ;)

Also have a nice hard tail mountain bike and a road tandem.

Needless to say, the biking portion of the Tri I participated in, years ago, was my favorite part :big grin:

Man i gotta get back on my bike!
I got a double in the front. No granny gear for me, haha, although there are times when I wished I had a triple. That litespeed is one bad ass bike, id like to get one, but my extra $$$$ right now is going into the boat savings fund.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:57 am

I finally gave in and went with the granny gear on my Litespeed when i upgraded to Dura Ace. The legs, knees, and lungs, just can't take the double anymore :( gettin' old. Plus I don't ride enough to be able and pound the 39T up the hills around here anymore. I figured that out halfway up a 7mile hill a couple of years back. Didn't have it in me anymore, so I turned around, went home, and a few weeks later, ordered my Dura Ace parts complete with a triple ringed crank. :)
Cal, Managing Editor