Evergreen HD / steez ltd boosted

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Evergreen HD / steez ltd boosted

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:57 pm

LowRange wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:08 am
My 5.3 oz Legit Designs Wild Side 72H+ has taught me that rod weight is a useless metric when looking at rods online. That rod feels like its 15 oz when holding it by the reel seat.
how are you liking that rod and what are you using it for?
I have a rod being built but I think i want to try something else in the mean time.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:44 am

goldrod wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:57 pm
LowRange wrote:
My 5.3 oz Legit Designs Wild Side 72H+ has taught me that rod weight is a useless metric when looking at rods online. That rod feels like its 15 oz when holding it by the reel seat.
I have a rod being built but I think i want to try something else in the mean time.
For me its been a short big bait rod for close in work and a short punching rod. Sort of like a short XXH Valkaryie but tip heavy. As a short kayak rod its been great. Not sure what use I will have for it on the bassboat. Maybe as a glide bait rod working glides standing tip down the rod will be good. I've done this on one trip and it worked well but the short handle wears you out casting over 3 oz. Puts too much of the weight into your wrists on the cast. It's been great for what I got it for. To throw any big bait I own or plan to own accurately from a kayak in no wake areas lined with docks.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 pm

LowRange wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:44 am
goldrod wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:57 pm
LowRange wrote:
For me its been a short big bait rod for close in work and a short punching rod. Sort of like a short XXH Valkaryie but tip heavy. As a short kayak rod its been great. Not sure what use I will have for it on the bassboat. Maybe as a glide bait rod working glides standing tip down the rod will be good. I've done this on one trip and it worked well but the short handle wears you out casting over 3 oz. Puts too much of the weight into your wrists on the cast. It's been great for what I got it for. To throw any big bait I own or plan to own accurately from a kayak in no wake areas lined with docks.
That’s great news and the company loves feedback from my experience with them. So maybe they will make two handles on the same rod
It has been a rod that has intrigued me for some time now
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible