Forgive my sins

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Forgive my sins

Post by Obz » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:10 pm

The type R looks nice. I have a tat long cast on my AGS frog rod. I dunno it works well with it. It's be cool to have a fancier reel on it but I also feel weird using a fancy reel to torque bass out of slop. If they went black/chrome instead of Shimano with the new zillion I would of done that.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:57 am

Obz wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:10 pm
The type R looks nice. I have a tat long cast on my AGS frog rod. I dunno it works well with it. It's be cool to have a fancier reel on it but I also feel weird using a fancy reel to torque bass out of slop. If they went black/chrome instead of Shimano with the new zillion I would of done that.
You could go the new Zillion HD route with red parts. It has a Magforce Z boost spool but is not called an HLC so I'm not sure how it bombs frogs. If you had the XBD rod then a Steez A HLC would be great.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:26 pm

Postan more tats. Didn't really like these things at 1st but they grow on you and I am running 4 with 2 tatzillions. I'll be adding a 5th tatula this year. They just work and I have almost as many tuning parts as my high end reels so I can tinker and make the reels what I want. I just added a thinner inductor and short crank shaft to my typer r with the stiff spring Ray's spool recently. Also added a Prorex 100 PE SV spool to my Fuego CT along with other purple parts. Got a Porex 200 purple spool for my 150 HD Custom too. My next addition will be a 100 that I can drop an Elite Long Cast spool into. Just waiting on that BPS/Cabelas gift card.