Newbie showoff...

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
catch'em-all
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Re: Newbie showoff...

Post by catch'em-all » Sun May 14, 2006 6:40 pm

The Natural wrote:I actually am filing the paperwork for a provisional patent this week, which allows you to claim 'patent pending' and gives you a year to work with and decide if you want to market your invention, and protects your invention from being stolen. I was going to develop a website and sell them along with some line conditioner I developed, but I'm not really sure if I want the work involved in trying to sell and market these properly. I wish some company would just offer an amount to buy my idea ;) 8-) . Anyway, I special ordered the extra large diameter heat shrink from a company, and I had to buy a minimum of 25ft per color to place the order. I'd like a couple of people who like them to test them out. PM me your address and the colors that you want and I'll get them out. I have to set a limit, because I can't mail out a hundred packages, so say the next 10 or so people that pm me I'll send out some covers. The covers will be around 3 1/2" to 4" long, and you just trim them to hang a good 1/4" to 1/3" over the edges to allow for shrinkage and seal the ends.
Hey Natural. Nice collection! Although the coloured heatshrink looks good and serves to protect the rods, i think your idea might be a bit late, as it has been available for a while :shock: Maybe its not patented yet and there is still an opportunity for you.

Black heatshrink handle material

Flocked heatshrink

God luck with it and welcome!

The Natural
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by The Natural » Sun May 14, 2006 7:25 pm

Different, but the same heat shrink concept. That product and Rod wrap brand aren't patented products, so it just may not represent a unique enough idea/product to get a patent, or it isn't worth it to get one. Even if it did qualify, it is expensive to actually get the patent, and may be something you don't need anyhow. I just ordered them because I like them on my rods, and the thought of selling them was an afterthought due to people seeing them on my rods and inquiring about how to get them. Thanks for the heads up though.

paulh
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paulh » Mon May 15, 2006 1:07 pm

hey are any of those regular scorpion 1000s for sale?