Levante combo - kind of like these

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Levante combo - kind of like these

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm

The reel arrived to complete my first Levante combo - an EMTF with an SS SV 103. Build and design on the Levante is legit Megabass. The balance point is just above where the foregrip wrap ends. With a slightly heavier reel I imagine it would shift back a tad. Still nice balance for a 7'5" stick and price point. Enjoy the pics! Can't wait to see what it can do. I hope it can throw some single hook applications (senkos) as well as the treble baits. =P~ =P~

Thanks for looking!

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Levante combo - kind of like these

Post by Houndfish » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Your pics make it look better then the official ones, are the highlights that pink in real life?

The EMTF is the only on I am really looking at now so I would love to hear your thoughts on it. A shallow/medium crankbait rod that can handle smaller worms and paddle tails would be very easy to justify picking up. I have a SSS Ringa that needs a home and I it's either the new Levantes or maybe one of the Tatula Elite rods.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:14 pm

The thread wraps are indeed purple. The metal winding check above the foregrip is...well...depends on the lighting. Hard to describe as it changes color. Quite attractive tho. :big grin:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Very nice photos, thank you for posting. The new 2019 Levante line was VERY well received at the Bassmaster Classic in Knoxville. Personally, I'm very impressed with them after the lackluster first generation models. Enjoy your new combo and thank you for posting the pics!! Enjoy the new Levante line guys and thank you Megabass =D>
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 pm

I have one of these with a 1010 spool that will be going on a Jerkbait Special when I get around to buying one. I was going to hold off a year but it is getting hard to resist. The gunmetal accents on the reel and suble greenish hue should look great on one of these sharp looking new Levantes.
Attachments
DSC_1708_zpswtoizozp.jpg
DSC_1708_zpswtoizozp.jpg (169.43 KiB) Viewed 8865 times

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:37 am

beautiful combo

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:54 am

Took it out today, but sadly was not able to hook up with any fish.

Even more sad, the rod randomly broke while working a lipless. :crying: First time it happened to me, but I am sure MB will take care of it.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:25 pm

This is why I am so reticent to buy a MB. I hear about this a lot.
This is the way.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:11 pm

poisonokie wrote:This is why I am so reticent to buy a MB. I hear about this a lot.
No manufacturer is immune to something like this. It has a 3 year warranty. It could have been damaged in transport or at the store too. You never know.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Tokugawa wrote:
poisonokie wrote:This is why I am so reticent to buy a MB. I hear about this a lot.
No manufacturer is immune to something like this. It has a 3 year warranty. It could have been damaged in transport or at the store too. You never know.
I know. And the more you sell the more of that .01% of defective rods there will be, but I've just heard some horror stories about them, even in the destroyer line. Like guy swears he didn't abuse it, but the rod broke randomly, like when casting, and then the warranty replacement breaks in the same place in the same fashion, etc... It's really made me skittish. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna get one at some point, probably a Hein, but there is no way I'd buy one used or from the JDM.
This is the way.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Got the replacement rod today and promptly set it to use. Got the first decent bass of the season on a lipless using the EMTF.

mthao105
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mthao105 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Awesome looking combo. How's the sensitivity on it?

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Sensitivity is very good. You would have to really not pay attention to miss a bite.