Xmas Braillist

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Xmas Braillist

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:26 am

Balance point with the Fuego is just in front of the reel seat, so it feels pretty good for the length. Going to put some FC on it and see what it do...

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Xmas Braillist

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:00 am

Sweet, Sweet Combo. If the Braillist is anything like the Javelin it will hit a hummingbird in flight at about 40 yards with just a flick of the wrist :shock: :mrgreen:

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Took it out today as it is unusually warm. Casting was excellent with a 3/16oz weight and a craw bait. Excellent sensitivity. Easy to distinguish soft bottom, gravel and rocks. As advertised, the tip can be used to free little snags. I intentionally fished a lake with lots of rip rap on the shore line. No bites, but bite detection should not be an issue based on what I can feel just working the bait. Here is a shot of the tip speed and action:

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:41 am

Nice combo! I really like the look of the xx rods. There is a couple in that lineup I really want to add this year. The braillist will likely be one of them.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:47 am

A little necromancy on this thread and rod. If you are looking for a 5' weightless senko rod, this should be at the top of the list. It is very reminiscent of my XMG50 7'2" LMB864. That Lami was magic with a 5" weightless senko, and the Braillist is making me smile the same way.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:21 pm

Last necromancy to round this thread out. It is a definite keeper. I got into a wad of them in deeper water off a point last night and the bite detection was on point. Didn't miss a pick up. No issues recommending this rod for tx rigs.