Daiwa reels and Bone rods

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Daiwa reels and Bone rods

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Here is my latest arsenal
A custom painted ryoga 1016H well used and getting a bit ratty now on a Bone Black River 664RXH
Steez A 1016CC on Bone Voyage 684XH
SS SV on steroids, og zillion gears and carbontex drag on Bone Voyage 664H
2 x Steez A 1016H both on Bone Voyage 684MH
Steez SV on Bone Voyage 654M
And my latest the SV Light limited on the Bone voyage 634L bfs.
No reel is in stock form and too much to list.
Attachments
IMAG2689~3-407x543.jpg
IMAG2689~3-407x543.jpg (80.88 KiB) Viewed 12437 times
IMAG2691~2-1591x895-795x447.jpg
IMAG2691~2-1591x895-795x447.jpg (225.48 KiB) Viewed 12437 times

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa reels and Bone rods

Post by Cristo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm

I believe I see a trend here :big grin: absolutely amazing =D>

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Man, I have never heard of those rods before but I am liking what I see. I would love any thoughts/info about that 634L bfs model, I am super interested in that thing.

Also, I am a great lover of wordplay but I cannot decide if "Bone Voyage" is *so awful that it's great* or just *actually awful*. :lol:

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Houndfish wrote:Man, I have never heard of those rods before but I am liking what I see. I would love any thoughts/info about that 634L bfs model, I am super interested in that thing.

Also, I am a great lover of wordplay but I cannot decide if "Bone Voyage" is *so awful that it's great* or just *actually awful*. :lol:
Bone rods have been developed by Bone Lim from Singapore , his original rods were made in collaboration with major craft south east Asia and he has now found an alternate builder for his line of rods . So Bone is the brand and he has a few ranges of rods , the Voyage range are travel rods all 4 piece design built with Toray carbon fiber and Fuji components. I no longer have any 1 piece rods in my collection and don't feel the need, these all have great working curves with no flat spots and fish like one piece rods with the convenience of being able to store them easy.
As you like word play the slogan for BONE is beginning of never ending. The website is bonefishingwolrd.com if you want more info. I am not sponsored or paid in any way and have bought all the rods with my own funds.

The 634L has only just been released in Australian stores and only got it a week ago and have taken it with me on one occasion but no fish on it to date. build quality is great it casts well. lightest I use would be about 4-5 grams and casts it no problems and can cast above its advertised weight.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Here is a picture of one split up revealing the joins. They come in a decent neoprene bag as well
Attachments
IMAG2529-562x999-421x748.jpg
IMAG2529-562x999-421x748.jpg (111.34 KiB) Viewed 12403 times

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:56 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote: The website is bonefishingwolrd.com if you want more info. I am not sponsored or paid in any way and have bought all the rods with my own funds.

The 634L has only just been released in Australian stores and only got it a week ago and have taken it with me on one occasion but no fish on it to date. build quality is great it casts well. lightest I use would be about 4-5 grams and casts it no problems and can cast above its advertised weight.
I spent like 45min looking over their site, they have some really interesting looking rods for sure, I have never seen so many short, heavy and XH rods before and I kinda want one. The travel swimbait rod looks interesting as well. It amazes me that there is a entire (literally) world of tackle out there that I will never even know existed other then by random chance.

Please report back when you have more time with the 634L. It sounds great for a lot of the longer hike-in fishing that I do.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:06 am

I like the camo grips...camo in general has really grown on me.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:42 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Houndfish wrote:Man, I have never heard of those rods before but I am liking what I see. I would love any thoughts/info about that 634L bfs model, I am super interested in that thing.

Bone rods have been developed by Bone Lim from Singapore , his original rods were made in collaboration with major craft south east Asia and he has now found an alternate builder for his line of rods . So Bone is the brand and he has a few ranges of rods , the Voyage range are travel rods all 4 piece design built with Toray carbon fiber and Fuji components. I no longer have any 1 piece rods in my collection and don't feel the need, these all have great working curves with no flat spots and fish like one piece rods with the convenience of being able to store them easy.
As you like word play the slogan for BONE is beginning of never ending. The website is bonefishingwolrd.com if you want more info. I am not sponsored or paid in any way and have bought all the rods with my own funds.

So I went to their website yesterday also as soon as I saw this post. The general looks and heavy actions on many made me think of artex rods, which I’ve been oogling lately. These really peaked my interest and also never heard of them. Can’t find much in terms of online availability for a US angler. Also, I’ve never tried ordering from Australia. Wonder what the chances are of sourcing one of these bad boys.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:

So I went to their website yesterday also as soon as I saw this post. The general looks and heavy actions on many made me think of artex rods, which I’ve been oogling lately. These really peaked my interest and also never heard of them. Can’t find much in terms of online availability for a US angler. Also, I’ve never tried ordering from Australia. Wonder what the chances are of sourcing one of these bad boys.
Catchbay in Singapore is the place to order from for international sales. all prices there are in USD so no exchange rates to worry about for you guys.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:07 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:

Catchbay in Singapore is the place to order from for international sales. all prices there are in USD so no exchange rates to worry about for you guys.
Thanks! Will check that out. Also just found the the voyage series at least at 7 seas. Looks like this might be possible.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Fantastic travel series rods. Have a few and currently waiting on the 634L to arrive. Once it arrives I will try a mix of Alphas and Aldebaran reels to find a best fit. Currently using Curado or Ryogas. Great actions for our southern Oz species.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:16 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote: Catchbay in Singapore is the place to order from for international sales. all prices there are in USD so no exchange rates to worry about for you guys.
I tried to find Catchbay's site, but the address seems to be ww.surecatch .com, which triggers the malware warning on my browser. Do you know if that is their actual site address?

I have a friend who travels to AU once or twice a year, so worst case I could get her to grab me one and mule it back up here.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Houndfish wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote: Catchbay in Singapore is the place to order from for international sales. all prices there are in USD so no exchange rates to worry about for you guys.
I tried to find Catchbay's site, but the address seems to be ww.surecatch .com, which triggers the malware warning on my browser. Do you know if that is their actual site address?

I have a friend who travels to AU once or twice a year, so worst case I could get her to grab me one and mule it back up here.
something odd going on, If you have facebook you can contact them via their page. there is a few stores in Australia that ship overseas. I buy mine from Tackle Warehouse in Brisbane , Charltons in Brisbane will also ship international as well as MO Tackle.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote: something odd going on, If you have facebook you can contact them via their page. there is a few stores in Australia that ship overseas. I buy mine from Tackle Warehouse in Brisbane , Charltons in Brisbane will also ship international as well as MO Tackle.
You know, it never occured to me to try and source JDM/SE Asian tackle via Australia before, but I can see how it might be easier for some stuff just due to the lack of language barrier. Thanks for the idea!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Houndfish wrote:

something odd going on, If you have facebook you can contact them via their page. there is a few stores in Australia that ship overseas. I buy mine from Tackle Warehouse in Brisbane , Charltons in Brisbane will also ship international as well as MO Tackle.
Yes; you’re spot on. Mo has them. Mo tackle, mo problems