Bass Opening Week (Pic's/Video)

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Bass Opening Week (Pic's/Video)

Post by MTBF » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 am

Good morning TT! Been a long winter and a busy spring finally got away for some real holidays and a week of bass fishing! Conditions looked good, normal water levels, lot's of vegetation temp's were 68-74 95% of the time. However it seemed the fish were a little post spawn this time around, a few red tails a tougher bite. Most of my success opening week was due to punching matted grass. Using the Curado 7'7H and Curado K 200XG I put the combo to work craning in fish after fish. Was happy with the sensitivity, weight and power of the Curado setup. Another new to me rod I got to put a dozen+ fish thru was the Conquest 905C. The Conquest 7'6XH compared to my NRX895's are a night and day difference. The tip heavy balance of the NRX was a pain to deal with working my 3/4-1oz Jig's all day became a game of how much fatigue do I want to deal with. The Conquest 905C is longer, stiffer, lighter, better balanced and overall a better rod than the 7'5XH NRX. Sensitivity is as good if not better, I felt every bite like a small lightning shock thru my arm. Prior I would set the hook accidentally when bait's would fall down the limbs of a tree this time I could let my bait fall thru deeper trees and never did I mistake wood for the lite tap of a bass.

Overall glad I moved away from NRX to Conquest and will now begin a purge of replacing every pitching stick I own with Conquest 904/905C's. The balance, lighter weight and accuracy made the rod amazing to fish.

Aside from that note I threw the same bait's most of the trip, was playing with a shorter 6'6ML Poison Adrena vs my 6'10M and really liked the softer action of the 66 as well it worked with the bait much more as I would twitch the bait the 66 is the better stick for my jerk bait fishing. The 6'10M is not keeping it's home with a Dog-X Speed Slide and the 15lb Mono.

Enjoy the pictures guys the trip was a blast!
Reins 1oz/Gambler Punch Skirt/PTL Bully Grass Devil/Owner 3/0 Jungle Flipping Hook

Big nickel of the week
Poison Adrena 6'10M/Aldebaran 50HG/Shooter Defire Armilo 15lb/Dog-X Speed Slide

Conquest 905C/Metanium MGL 150XG/22lb Structure FC/PTL 3.5" Texas-Rig Jig

Opening Week Edit
https://youtu.be/AkuMvne0Qpw

Guys thanks for checking out the report and pictures! If your on YouTube give me a comment so I can follow your channel also. Was nice to break in some gear on quality fish next big trip is August with some day trips in between to the Kawarthawa's!

Tightlines

MTBF
mtfishing IG

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Bass Opening Week (Pic's/Video)

Post by Obz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:09 am

Nice edit man, The fishing was awesome, I liked the way you cut in different camera angles. There are a couple chestie shots where you can see the line jump! I would save the music for the B roll scenes, driving the boat ext. I think veiwers would like to hear what you have to say and what's going on in the boat. It's kinda awkward when your talking and there is music dubbed over.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 am

Killing the game!! Well done =D>

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:01 am

Obz wrote:Nice edit man, The fishing was awesome, I liked the way you cut in different camera angles. There are a couple chestie shots where you can see the line jump! I would save the music for the B roll scenes, driving the boat ext. I think veiwers would like to hear what you have to say and what's going on in the boat. It's kinda awkward when your talking and there is music dubbed over.
Thanks for the feedback, I thought I had too much talking so balanced it out a little. Next video will be more talking and tunes during travel/senic scenes. Really happy you enjoyed the video going to "talk much more" in the next video! Hopefully I can put together one or two on Rice Lake prior to heading east for a week come August.
mtfishing IG

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:41 am

looks like the water is starting to improve in that area after the longer, cooler winter/springs we've had lately.

that area had some serious algae issues for a number of years....

nice photo's man. lots of fun largies!
1-2%

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:10 pm

SteveSchmelzle wrote:looks like the water is starting to improve in that area after the longer, cooler winter/springs we've had lately.

that area had some serious algae issues for a number of years....

nice photo's man. lots of fun largies!
Perhaps seems to be fine from what I've noticed going up twice a year, all I know is each trip they get bigger and i catch more. As long as I'm improving I'm happy :)
mtfishing IG

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:35 pm

sorry, I must have mis-remembered.

I love reading your bass opener reports and I thought I recalled some of your earlier years mentioned (and showing) algae ... many of the Eastern Ontario lakes have blue green algae growths ... of course I don't know the specific chain of lakes your fishing. Evidently you haven't had the same issues.

Keep up the awesome reports - love the video additions.
Cheers,
1-2%

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:54 pm

MTBF wrote:
Obz wrote:Nice edit man, The fishing was awesome, I liked the way you cut in different camera angles. There are a couple chestie shots where you can see the line jump! I would save the music for the B roll scenes, driving the boat ext. I think veiwers would like to hear what you have to say and what's going on in the boat. It's kinda awkward when your talking and there is music dubbed over.
Thanks for the feedback, I thought I had too much talking so balanced it out a little. Next video will be more talking and tunes during travel/senic scenes. Really happy you enjoyed the video going to "talk much more" in the next video! Hopefully I can put together one or two on Rice Lake prior to heading east for a week come August.
Cool man! I subscribed to your channel, looking forward to your next video. Looks like you are fishing sheild lakes, northern MN or Canada?

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:21 am

Awesome Video and thanks for sharing !!!!
WW

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:35 pm

I watched your tackle rundown vid! I picked up a couple of those no snag frogs

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Still no bantams?

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:28 pm

wirinhar wrote:Awesome Video and thanks for sharing !!!!
WW
Thanks man!
Obz wrote:I watched your tackle rundown vid! I picked up a couple of those no snag frogs
The SP Frog's are good you won't be disappointed. Truly a well made frog.
fishingandfords wrote:Still no bantams?
Haha if I get a Cranking rod for next summer again I'll get a Bantam, ill take all the power Metanium has to save some weight on the flipping and pitching rods. Bantam is nice cant see me flipping with it tho always lean to lighter reels...shes smooth as glass tho :D

Tightlines guys!
mtfishing IG