New combo- carbon head Hien

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: New combo- carbon head Hien

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks Christo. I already have a custom rod for jerkbait and topwater duty. I love the thing. :big grin:

More about the range? LOL!! Dual fuel, steam oven, warming drawer and a convection oven. Six gas burners and an electric griddle. Darned heavy. My wife really got me with that one!! :crying: Another angle...

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm

That's funny Toku. I had the Thermador appliances in my house when I met my wife about 11 years ago. I was in way too big of a house for a single guy. So, I sold it. I think those appliances are why my wife wanted to marry me :lol: . She loved to come over and cook for me. I had the same range top without the warmer that I think is a step or two lower than yours. I did have the king size double door professional fridge with nothing in it, except beer. Man I spent a lot of days on the water back then :crying:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 am

Tokugawa wrote:
Given the feedback on the Hien, it seems I am going to have some issues deciding what to do with it. :lol: FC kind of rules out topwater.

G Wood - thoughts?
Beautiful combo! =D>

I know you'll enjoy the Hein with a little more time on it. It's very, very versatile. I use mine for everything from top water to light bottom contact. Its a fun smaller Senko rod, handles smaller crank baits and jerk baits nicely too. Shakey heads, drop shots, neko, ned rig stuff are all in the zone with the Hein.
Tokugawa wrote:Loaded up #10 Tatsu and caught a few on a 1/8 tx rig last night. Definitely a fun rod. Sensitivity is there and no problems with hook penetration so far. Looking forward to more time with it.

I wonder why this didn't make it into the USDM lineup? Good move by TTT to have a few in stock.
I think it's action and power are more suited to a larger audience in Japan. There isn't as much demand by the typical US angler for a longer, lighter powered casting rod - though the Hein is a "medium light" it definitely has the power profile and hook setting ability of many medium powered rods I've fished. It's one we try to keep on hand in either standard or Carbon Head... Keep us posted and enjoy that outstanding combo!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 pm

toddmc wrote:That's funny Toku. I had the Thermador appliances in my house when I met my wife about 11 years ago. I was in way too big of a house for a single guy. So, I sold it. I think those appliances are why my wife wanted to marry me :lol: . She loved to come over and cook for me. I had the same range top without the warmer that I think is a step or two lower than yours. I did have the king size double door professional fridge with nothing in it, except beer. Man I spent a lot of days on the water back then :crying:
I would love to see a built in filled with only beer. :lol: :lol: Shiny appliances do attract the females of our species. My wife loves to cook and bake. She made over 1000 Xmas cookies a few years ago. :shock: Her text: "I baked a few cookies today". :strface:
bronzefly wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:
Given the feedback on the Hien, it seems I am going to have some issues deciding what to do with it. :lol: FC kind of rules out topwater.

G Wood - thoughts?
Beautiful combo! =D>

I know you'll enjoy the Hein with a little more time on it. It's very, very versatile. I use mine for everything from top water to light bottom contact. Its a fun smaller Senko rod, handles smaller crank baits and jerk baits nicely too. Shakey heads, drop shots, neko, ned rig stuff are all in the zone with the Hein.
Tokugawa wrote:Loaded up #10 Tatsu and caught a few on a 1/8 tx rig last night. Definitely a fun rod. Sensitivity is there and no problems with hook penetration so far. Looking forward to more time with it.

I wonder why this didn't make it into the USDM lineup? Good move by TTT to have a few in stock.
I think it's action and power are more suited to a larger audience in Japan. There isn't as much demand by the typical US angler for a longer, lighter powered casting rod - though the Hein is a "medium light" it definitely has the power profile and hook setting ability of many medium powered rods I've fished. It's one we try to keep on hand in either standard or Carbon Head... Keep us posted and enjoy that outstanding combo!
I have a Jade Python fine Shootist for smaller jerkbait and topwater. I think I will keep this as a plastics rod. Definitely has a fun mojo! :big grin:

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:31 pm

VAsmallies wrote:As someone who loves to cook as well as fish, I'm almost more impressed with the oven range in the background! :big grin:
X2

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:25 am

Thanks for sharing =D> =D> =D>
WW

sumguyx103
Angler
Angler

Post by sumguyx103 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:39 pm

wow

btoups
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by btoups » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:40 am

Very nice

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Beautiful rod and a beautiful kitchen!
2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:27 am

Thanks guys! I hope I hook a big smallie this weekend with it. [-o< [-o<

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bpettus2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Nice set up loves those days when boxes are waiting on porch

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:01 pm

First smallie on the Hien...more pics to come on new thread

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Sorry, but the glasses are f**king things! Bravo on the rest too :laugh1: =D> =D>

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm

t*ts :big grin:

BoatBuggy
Angler
Angler

Post by BoatBuggy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 am

Have you tried chucking a Duo 90 or 80 GFix spybait with this combo? I've had a Hein on my radar for a while now as a dedicated spybait rod that I would pair up with an SV105 P or a Zillion SV TW P with a 1012 spool. I like an XF tip for spybaiting and I'm currently using a GLX 852C JWR but I think a Hein would be just plain sexy for this.