Summer Fishing Comes to an End(pic heavy)

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Summer Fishing Comes to an End(pic heavy)

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 am

Fishing this year has been up and down all year. We had multiple tropical storms/hurricanes come through that dumped a ton of rain in our area. We stayed on the fish regardless, but I was disappointed I wasn't able to sight fish more during the summer because of the dirty water. Then hurricane Irma passed through. The north winds pushed all that dirty water out, and it cleared up pretty much over night. Since then the fishing has been amazing. Now that the waters have started to cool, it has somehow gotten even better. Big fish moved shallow, ambushing the bait that's making its move for the winter, and the sightfishing has been incredible! Big speckled trout, redfish and even flounder have been easy to see, but tough to catch. You just have to make the correct presentation to get them to bite in that ultra clear water. It's been an awesome year over all and I wanted to share a few saltwater fish pics with you guys from the last month or so. Gotta include the tackle, so all fish caught on NRX 842C's w/'13 Metaniums and Curado 51E, and 843C's with Curado 51E and Chronarch CI4/G.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Summer Fishing Comes to an End(pic heavy)

Post by Cristo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 pm

1st! and then this!! Living a dream for me those are some beautiful species you're getting into you!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Cristo wrote:1st! and then this!! Living a dream for me those are some beautiful species you're getting into you!

Yes sir, surrounded by water so I try to fish as much as possible! 2 hour trip for some good bass fishing, so we take full advantage of the inshore scene in the meantime. Thanks man, glad you enjoyed the pics!

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Nice job! Does the 842 handle those reds? I know they pull like a freight trane.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Tigerbass wrote:Nice job! Does the 842 handle those reds? I know they pull like a freight trane.
Definitely, no issues with them. I even use it around the bridges for those bull reds, and the fun factor will put a smile on your face everytime. I throw all my jerkbaits and topwater on them, and usually only put it down to throw the Twitchin Minnow and Subwalk on 843's when in tight spaces between docks since they will burn some drag!

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 am

Reds and sea trout yum! One of thees days ill make it to Florida.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Obz wrote:Reds and sea trout yum! One of thees days ill make it to Florida.
Definitely some great eating fish. Between bass and all the inshore species, there's no shortage of stuff to do in FL if you like fishing!