Figured I'd post it on this forum too! Not often i post my catches but this one was special. New PB!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Figured I'd post it on this forum too! Not often i post my catches but this one was special. New PB!

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 pm

My previous personal best Bluefin was my first at 120lbs. Fast forward 10 years, over 100 canyon runs, a few hundred more baddass fargin tuners....over a thousand ballyhoo rigged.....And I finally broke it with this fish.
I've leadered and gaffed a bunch bigger. But Usually when I'm out there. I take the first knock down to make sure we get meat in the boat. And I'm happy to just participate in the end game. (leadered and gaffed the igfa world record bft for the junior division) And if trolling if noone else wants the rod I'll grab it.

From knockdown to gaff in 19 minutes on 60lb line. On gear I never fished before...Hell...I thought i was fishing 80lb until the cap told me "this isn't wicked tuna....you only have 60lb on that reel" LMAO
Part of the reason I was so pumped was due to breaking my PB and doing it with my undefeated streak still intact. Never once did I ever drop a tuna while on the rod.

I also caught released my personal best mako that was 7-8' about 6 hours earlier.
60 seconds from hook up to bang stick ready....but no bang stick and no poon ready....waayyy to dangerous to gaff a fish that early. (it was like it was dead not just a Mako drive by)
I even kinda barked at the cap warning him not to gaff it. I've never been more grateful in my life to have dropped a fish.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Figured I'd post it on this forum too! Not often i post my catches but this one was special. New PB!

Post by goldrod » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 am

Congrats man
What a beautiful fish
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Figured I'd post it on this forum too! Not often i post my catches but this one was special. New PB!

Post by Redfish » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am

That is a beauty right there!
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 am

Great accomplishment.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Holy smokes man!! You are living my dream!

cpvince
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by cpvince » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Wow...just wow. Congrats!! =D>

fati
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fati » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Sounds like sushi for days ! Nice catch.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Sweet catch. So, How much did this fish weight?
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm

spencerinstl wrote:Sweet catch. So, How much did this fish weight?
It was shorter than a weighed 260 that i leadered and gaffed. but fatter. Which is weird.
I'd say low 200's. No scale. My other buddies that were on board think 220.
I can solo a 120 over the rail in a center console. Not fun but i can do it

Couldn't budge this one ever after bleeding out on a rope.

My previous pb was 120 with a few tons worth between 75 and 110. I'm happy giving it a range of 180 to 220

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks guys this was a good'n

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike and Pike » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 am

Nice job. Very jealous.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Wow, how that's a fish! =D>

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Great catch! Congrats

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:35 am

Hell yeah!!!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:25 am

That's excellent, thanks for posting!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap