OLD member, lost/made new account, JDM Steez/Sammy caught Bass

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
DetroitBassN
Angler
Angler

OLD member, lost/made new account, JDM Steez/Sammy caught Bass

Post by DetroitBassN » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:37 am

Hey everyone. I use to post on here A LOT for years but have been gone for way too long. I think I went by GAMEOVER something but I no longer have the email associated with whatever named account I had on here which is sad because I use to post and talk with a lot of people on here. I'm in the Detroit area and my targeted body of water as much as possible is Newburgh Lake this summer in Michigan. It's an old Reservoir that use to be heavily polluted in the 1980s/early 90s. It was COMPLETELY drained in that same time frame and Ford Motor company help restore it (90s). It was restocked with fish and structure of all sorts was added. It's a heavily fished lake today by mostly live bait anglers off shore/docks. Here are some pictures I took of a decent size Northern Strain on a Sammy and another with my JDM Steez 103HL on a not suited to match rod :lol: ...I miss my OLD Elseil

EDIT* Is anyone seeing the images I posted? All I am seeing on my end is the word image please let me know ASAP so I can fix this if I did it wrong. It's been so long since I been on a forum! :laugh1:
I have 1 pic to post of the Largest Bass of the year for me out of this Reservoir from this morning. Hmm, I join TT again and catch my biggest Bass of the year on the same day. The Bass gods are happy.

EDIT* #2 I figured it out I think. Here's from 5am-8am EST offshore (floating dock) working the edge of some fallen timber.
Sammy on Sunline 12lb mono, JDM Steez 103HL, Triumph rod.. yeah I know the rod is out of place.
free gif hosting

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: OLD member, lost/made new account, JDM Steez/Sammy caught Bass

Post by CGrinder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

Nice to see you posting again. I normally fish Kent Lake down 96 a bit. Newburgh seems like a good place for a 'yak.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks for bringing back many fond memories of bass fishing in MI. I've been to that reservoir! They get larger and more impressive looking in photos here in FL, but those northern strain bass are just as fun to catch. Nice work.

DetroitBassN
Angler
Angler

Post by DetroitBassN » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 am

Yeah we're not as lucky to be able to catch the huge Florida Strain here the Northern are more apt to bite though as their more aggressive. Although we don't have the Florida Strain our Smallies on Lake St. Clair/Lake Erie noted by KVD are legendary. Plus I love catching a good Pike or Musky every now and then. Glad to see old members still on here. You all will be seeing more of me on here again. Glad to be back. Already started pestering Cal.. :lol:

EDIT: Yes there are quite a few yaks I see on this waterway and smaller boats.

DetroitBassN
Angler
Angler

Post by DetroitBassN » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:51 pm

I’m waiting cal, don’t make me pester you about what’s better than the oldschool Elseil.. :big grin: