B and B bait box

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
toporanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

B and B bait box

Post by toporanger » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:44 am

I was in need of a deep cranking box and I didnt like some of the reviews on the bassmafia box and how the lures would get tangled when upside down etc. The I remembered my father has been using the same B and B box for like 15 years for his walleye cranks. So I visited their site and gave them a call. http://www.bbbaitbox.com/

after talking to Bill and sending him some measurements of my current biggest crankbait, http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Manns_E- ... e-MEZ.html which has a 2 inch wide lip. We decided to have a custom 967 box made (dimensions 17.5″ L x 11″ W x 8″ H) He made 2 rows of 5 with 2 inch squares and 7 rows of 9 1.5 inch squares.

the box Image

mans 30+ going in Image

example of flicker shads doubled up Image

the full box. the middle bottom bait is a 8.0 magnum for reference on size

total cost was around $94 to my door. Overall I think a great buy, and the boxes float. And it just shows I need to buy some more baits!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: B and B bait box

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 am

This looks fantastic. The stock ones they have will help me out. I've been on a web search recently for something like this and had trouble finding much other than Plano style plastics or boxes that looked too loose and messy. Glad I held out. Thanks!

toporanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: B and B bait box

Post by toporanger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:13 pm

I think I am really going to enjoy it. If it wasn't for the xtra deep cranks like my dd22s and the mans 30+ I would have bought a shallower box like the 6 inch. Bill was a joy to work with and I think he called me on a sunday to talk through the build and I had the product on thursday.