Slowly but surely

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Post Reply
Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:31 am
Location: Boston, MA

Slowly but surely

Post by Cyacnba » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Looking at my current rods and reels, I remembered my old setups with which I learned how to use casting reels. 2 years ago, I thought spending over $100 on a reel or rod was insane, so I had purchased a BPS PQ and an Abu Garcia Veritas 6'9" 2 piece. I had also bought an Abu Revo SX for $100, which was a great deal for me. Then, I stumbled upon several forums, one of them being Tackle Tour. I would read many posts and see pics about G. Loomis NRX rods, Megabass rods and reels, DC reels, JDM products, etc., all which I have never even heard of. Back then, I could only contemplate those pics, but after graduating college and working, I managed to purchase couple of rods and reels I've wished to have. Now, I feel more than satisfied with my setups, especially with my most recents acquisition:

Image
Image

So, slowly but surely, I've managed to reach this point. Not sure what's next, maybe a Monoblock? I'm still not ready to spend over $800 on a reel, but we will see...

User avatar
mada1594
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by mada1594 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:10 pm

that steez I so sick! =D> what rod is that on?
gone fishin! borderline 11!

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Congrats on the sweet setups.

Calcutta =D>

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:31 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by Cyacnba » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Thank you! The Steez is on a MB Destroyer Hien while the CQ, on the P3 BD. I'm so glad I listened to Gary when he mentioned how well the Steez pairs with the Hien.

Also, I still can't believe how small the CQ 101 is. For me, it's worthy every penny.

User avatar
dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Corsicana, texas

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by dirtygeary » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:42 am

Thanks for sharing. Looks great.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by bronzefly » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 am

I have the exact same combo - 2016 Megabass F3-610X Hein with the 6.3:1 Steez SV TW- it's one of those combos that feels like they were made for each other. Beautiful combos, thanks for posting and excellent start to an enthusiast collection!!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:02 am

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by papabassin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 am

Cyacnba wrote:Thank you! The Steez is on a MB Destroyer Hien while the CQ, on the P3 BD. I'm so glad I listened to Gary when he mentioned how well the Steez pairs with the Hien.

Also, I still can't believe how small the CQ 101 is. For me, it's worthy every penny.
That Steez does look stunning on the Hein. No doubt there...great choices. What applications are you planning on using the combo for?

I know you just got the CQ101, so maybe you already have...but if you haven't and already love it, just wait until you get it out on the water :lol:

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:31 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by Cyacnba » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:13 am

papabassin wrote:
Cyacnba wrote:Thank you! The Steez is on a MB Destroyer Hien while the CQ, on the P3 BD. I'm so glad I listened to Gary when he mentioned how well the Steez pairs with the Hien.

Also, I still can't believe how small the CQ 101 is. For me, it's worthy every penny.
That Steez does look stunning on the Hein. No doubt there...great choices. What applications are you planning on using the combo for?

I know you just got the CQ101, so maybe you already have...but if you haven't and already love it, just wait until you get it out on the water :lol:
I'm thinking on using the pair for jerkbaits and light jigs.

I actually haven't had the chance to even spool my CQ lol. Weather and work haven't been helping much, but I can't wait to fish with it based on what everyone says about the CQ.

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by LowRange » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:33 am

Wait I thought the Steez TWS SV was silver/grey in color? I'm liking that dark color a lot.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1570
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:39 am

Nice combos! You picked arguably one of the top current production Daiwa and Shimano reels!

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:31 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by Cyacnba » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:38 pm

LowRange wrote:Wait I thought the Steez TWS SV was silver/grey in color? I'm liking that dark color a lot.
It might be due to the my room's light. Here are a couple more pics:

Image
Image

User avatar
Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:55 am

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by Jdmbiggie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:44 pm

nice combos :D

aznevolution8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Slowly but surely

Post by aznevolution8 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 am

Nice Setups!

Post Reply