HOW TO post pictures

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: HOW TO post pictures

Post by lpquick » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:57 am

NJ Jigman wrote:I am trying to upload pic's from photobucket.com, need a how to. I can't find where a place where I can upload my pic's to the TT site. Any help would be great. thanks
Just copy the link to the photo in photobucket (right click the photo and click copy image address), then in the text of your post click Img and immediately hit control, while holding down the ctrl button click the V button (this pastes what you copied to the clipboard) then click preview to see if the image shows up. Let me know if this helps.

GaborSuri
Angler
Angler

Post by GaborSuri » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Photobucket, after few month i use for post uploaded pictures to TT, send a mail: upgrade a 400usd/year subscribe if you want to use 3rd party host function... photoobucket suxxx...
(sorry for my english)

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 am

I am getting ready to post a reel shootout/comparison... Having some questions about photobucket/3rd party hosting... Does it cost? Will I be able to upload/resize/post from my phone's camera? Not necessary for super high quality, just need some evidence/proof photos.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 am

DirtyD64 wrote:I am getting ready to post a reel shootout/comparison... Having some questions about photobucket/3rd party hosting... Does it cost? Will I be able to upload/resize/post from my phone's camera? Not necessary for super high quality, just need some evidence/proof photos.

I use an app on my iPhone 7+ called Image Size. It has ads, but the paid ad less version is a buck or two. Resize everything to 800 by 600 and it shows up nicely here.

Free Dropbox account too. Upload the picture and host it. The trick to Dropbox is changing the 0 at the end of a link to 1 then wrapping it in tags.

Between the 3, I've found it to be the cheapest and easiest way to host pictures at all forums.
Last edited by rockchalk06 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:I am getting ready to post a reel shootout/comparison... Having some questions about photobucket/3rd party hosting... Does it cost? Will I be able to upload/resize/post from my phone's camera? Not necessary for super high quality, just need some evidence/proof photos.
Highly recommend PostImage. Super easy to use and of zero cost.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:19 am

Practice pic. It worked. I’m shocked. :lol: Image

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:22 am

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Link to image from Facebook come out too big. How to add image size/resize code to [img] tag?

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Thu May 14, 2020 1:00 pm

Practice
Ultima rear handle side.jpg
Ultima rear handle side.jpg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 26274 times

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:05 am

Never had issues in the past posting pics on a Windows platform. Now I’m on an IPad and having an issue. I use a third party site to downsize the pictures to the size limit allowed here, use the attachment feature and get them to post but they come out sideways when I post the thread. What am I missing here ?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 am

uljersey wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:05 am
Never had issues in the past posting pics on a Windows platform. Now I’m on an IPad and having an issue. I use a third party site to downsize the pictures to the size limit allowed here, use the attachment feature and get them to post but they come out sideways when I post the thread. What am I missing here ?
Are you holding the iPad in portrait or landscape position? iirc, the pics orient to landscape on the TT website. If you are holding the iPad upright like a portrait, it will rotate them. I could be way off base, but it seems this issue came up before.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:41 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 am
uljersey wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:05 am
Are you holding the iPad in portrait or landscape position? iirc, the pics orient to landscape on the TT website. If you are holding the iPad upright like a portrait, it will rotate them. I could be way off base, but it seems this issue came up before.
I’m taking the original pictures on an iPhone, not using the IPad. I hold the phone in portrait position, the pictures automatically load on the IPad as well because they are synched. On the phone, IPad & resizing site the pictures are oriented properly, it’s only when I post them they go sideways.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: HOW TO POST VIDEOS !!

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:15 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 am
FAKO wrote:Please add also "LIVE VIDEOS" topic too! "Link it´s just link" ;) ;) ;) ;)

thats simple

just type:

[YouTube] insert link here (see more detail below) [/YouTube]

detail: here is the original link from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3t47l4G ... ture=g-upl

copy everything after "v=" to the & figure and paste between the [YouTube][/YouTube]

final result =

[youtube]r3t47l4GbPE[/youtube]
Great info - Thanks! I will use that in a future, and I modded couple of old messages from me acc. to advices!

Is there possibility to link similar to Google Maps or another Map application?