BFS Fantasies do come true...

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

BFS Fantasies do come true...

Post by saoulons » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 am

Finally got time on the water with my latest BFS outfit: MB Kirisame Baitcast F2-63XK-S and Shimano Aldebaran BFS XG 2016 with 7# Sunline FC.

Caught a nice 4.5# largemouth on a 1/16 jig head with a Gulp! leech, slow rolling along the weed line (pretty good size for Maine). No problem landing the fish and the sensitivity is unbelievable. Was a fun fight. Pitching with the P3 Bearing Down right after felt like going from a toothpick to a broom stick.

Eventually got the mother of all bird's nests and had to respool (always seems to happen to me when I use light FC line on baitcasters because I get careless with my casting, open to any creative tips to make it stop :sick:). But for the ~60 minutes I was able to fish with it, it was unbelievable!

I know, "pics or it didn't happen" but my phone ran out of battery :shock:

On the performance, that combo can cast 1/16 oz rigs close to 100 feet no problem. Of course, I got schooled by my father who threw wacky senkos on a $50 combo 8-)

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: BFS Fantasies do come true...

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:23 am

Nice! There is just something so addicting about BFS when everything is in unison, balance, sensitivity, line, lure, rod, reel. I still find myself searching for the "perfect setup," boy does it get expensive! I have a BFS XG paired with a Majorcraft UL, it makes the small mouths I go after, feel like Moby Dick. :lol: I love how shallow the XG spool is, living life on the edge!

I'm sure the 4.5lber was beast, thanks for sharing, and congrats on the new combo.

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:16 am

Show and Tell demands pics... As do I 8-)

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:10 am

That's why you get a KTF spool for the BFS XG, more ease of cast and control. I never really liked any of the stock Shimano BFS spools and all 6 of my Shimano reels have either a KTF or ZPI spool in them.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:33 pm

zodiak311 wrote:Nice! There is just something so addicting about BFS when everything is in unison, balance, sensitivity, line, lure, rod, reel. I still find myself searching for the "perfect setup," boy does it get expensive! I have a BFS XG paired with a Majorcraft UL, it makes the small mouths I go after, feel like Moby Dick. :lol: I love how shallow the XG spool is, living life on the edge!

I'm sure the 4.5lber was beast, thanks for sharing, and congrats on the new combo.
Thanks and totally agree, BFS is addicting (both intellectually and on the water)! :sick:
Abu Daimano wrote:Show and Tell demands pics... As do I 8-)

Phone ran out of battery on the water, but here are pics of the sweet combo. Also adding a pic of our little dog who had 2 broken legs a few weeks ago but is now almost fully recovered. She weighs about the same as the bass I caught (4.5#). :-s
Pen3 wrote:That's why you get a KTF spool for the BFS XG, more ease of cast and control. I never really liked any of the stock Shimano BFS spools and all 6 of my Shimano reels have either a KTF or ZPI spool in them.
Thanks. Where might one obsessed BFS addict procure one of these said spools? =P~

And will it fit the 2016 BFS XG or just the 2015 (I have both models)? I know that the brake on the 2016 is different. Thanks!!

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:25 am

Nice combo man, i think your really gonna love the X7 headed your way. Pairs nicely with the 16 bfs xg.

For spools, zpi should have their bfc spool out soon for the 15 aldebaran, and ktf has a spool for the 16 bfs xg :big grin:

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:12 am

Thanks man. Yeah, looking forward to try the Criffhanger... Will put a Zonda 68 on it with the MB Finesse spool. I think I'll call it the "MM Special" :lol:

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:27 am

saoulons wrote:Thanks man. Yeah, looking forward to try the Criffhanger... Will put a Zonda 68 on it with the MB Finesse spool. I think I'll call it the "MM Special" :lol:
You can order directly from Karil, they ship to the US. http://www.karil.co.jp/online_shop/sys/ ... =%3Dcon%3D

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Thanks guys, really appreciate all of the pointers. Not to mention that you are all a very bad influence :lol:

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:29 am

Not sure the reason for the hate on the stock spool as it's freakin awesome.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:59 am

There is no hate, just better spools are available.

Rusty McFot
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rusty McFot » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:34 am

How do you find the F2-63XK-S? I've always been curious about a solid blank. I have so many questions but don't know where to start!

I love BFS. It works perfectly for Australian river Bass, nearly all my gear is BFS or close to it. I was thinking of adding some kirisame bc rods

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Amazing :lol:

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Rusty McFot wrote:How do you find the F2-63XK-S? I've always been curious about a solid blank. I have so many questions but don't know where to start!

I love BFS. It works perfectly for Australian river Bass, nearly all my gear is BFS or close to it. I was thinking of adding some kirisame bc rods
The "all solid" blank is an absolute game changer!!!

Honestly, I just made that up :lol: . The rod is fantastic (super sensitive, great with 1/16 oz, has enough shoulders that I landed a 4.5# without any trouble). But I really can't tell how much of this is due to the solid blank.

This is my favorite BFS rod for bottom contact fishing (finesse jigs, weightless plastics).

If you love BFS and can stomach the price tag, the Kirisame F2 is a "must have" \:D/ If anything, you can use it as an excuse to tell great stories about how every BFS rod should use a solid blank :lol:

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:53 pm

That rod is on my wishlist for my BFS setups. Stunning! I bet that 4.5 was a blast on it! =D>