The Collection 2016

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

The Collection 2016

Post by BuckNaStY » Tue May 31, 2016 7:16 am

Awhile back I contributed my first thread to TT with my opening post and the rods and reels that I had at the time. Well, a lot has changed since then! As many of you know, I began my baitcasting collection as a switch hitter. I had my Rights, and my Lefts. Since then, I migrated towards all lefties and really don't intend on looking back!! Below are my current setups:

Megabass Zonda 68L Paired with the Megabass Orochi XX F4.5-70X Flat side special!!

Daiwa TD-Z 103ML Type R+ Paired with the Megabass Levante F6-70C Tour Versatile

Daiwa TD-Ito 103HL(ZPI RC-002 Violet) Paired with the NRX 894C

Megabass IS71L Hyper Lariat Racing Illusion Paired with the 2016 Megabass Destroyer F3-610X Hein

And finally, Daiwa M-ito 103L Paired with the Megabass Phase III F7-77X Record Breaker

I really enjoy fishing all of these reel/rod combos. They offer exceptional sensitivity and well, aren't so bad on the eye also!!
Let me know what you guys think!!

As always! Keep smashing the bass, especially the big boys!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: The Collection 2016

Post by Abu Daimano » Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 am

Nice looking row, definitely a step up! 8-)

What are you using the record breaker/103M for?

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Tue May 31, 2016 8:26 am

Abu Daimano wrote:Nice looking row, definitely a step up! 8-)

The reel actually just showed up today!! Haven't got to throw it yet. But I am going to be using it to throw my medium size swimbaits. Right now I have the 4.8" Keitech rigged with a 1/4oz 4/0 trokar. I plan to try and throw some of the 6" huddleston's also! We will see for sure though!! I actually had another typer+ on the record breaker this past weekend throwing the 4.8" keitech, and honestly.. the RB reminds me of a bigger Tour Versatile. Which is a great thing because I love the TV :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 am

Love that illusion =D> =D> =D>

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Tue May 31, 2016 9:19 am

Teal101 wrote:Love that illusion =D> =D> =D>
Thank you, Sir. I know that you probably wouldn't be fishing it?? But, every cast, every fish.. all eyes on deck to see where this puppy goes!! As for the combo, I couldn't ask for a better setup for topwater. I'm in LOVE! Summer time crashing and swirling smallies is all I can dream about!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 am

Excellent 5 combos! I really like the looks of that new MB Destroyer. There is a nice mix of power and finesse in your stable =D> I will try to get some pics of my outfits here in a few months. I am waiting on a few more pieces to be built and sourced. :-$

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Tue May 31, 2016 10:16 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:Excellent 5 combos! I really like the looks of that new MB Destroyer. There is a nice mix of power and finesse in your stable =D> I will try to get some pics of my outfits here in a few months. I am waiting on a few more pieces to be built and sourced. :-$
Nice man!!I have a couple other of setups that I don't have listed here. I think it's time to get rid of some stuff :P I have a Steez SV that I love to pieces but not sure what I want to do with it yet. I had it paired with the Steez Flex-lite and that rod might soon be seeing its way out of the door. I'm not really sure!!

As for the Hein, I had mentioned something about it on one of Bronzefly's posts. People are a little but hesitant on getting it because of the carbon fiber handle. I was aswell, however, after fishing with it, it's super comfortable. I've fished with it all day long on and off, and it's still comfortable until you put it down!

Looking forward to seeing your posts aswell!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 am

BuckNaStY wrote:
Teal101 wrote:Love that illusion =D> =D> =D>
Thank you, Sir. I know that you probably wouldn't be fishing it?? But, every cast, every fish.. all eyes on deck to see where this puppy goes!! As for the combo, I couldn't ask for a better setup for topwater. I'm in LOVE! Summer time crashing and swirling smallies is all I can dream about!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah I cringed a little seeing it on deck :lol: To each their own, they're tools for a purpose. It's a stunning combo.

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Tue May 31, 2016 11:53 am

Teal101 wrote:
Yeah I cringed a little seeing it on deck :lol: To each their own, they're tools for a purpose. It's a stunning combo.
Lol. Agreed! As soon as I'm done using one of these babies... the reel cover goes on asap! I don't want to take any chances!!

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 am

BuckNaStY wrote:
Abu Daimano wrote:Nice looking row, definitely a step up! 8-)

The reel actually just showed up today!! Haven't got to throw it yet. But I am going to be using it to throw my medium size swimbaits. Right now I have the 4.8" Keitech rigged with a 1/4oz 4/0 trokar. I plan to try and throw some of the 6" huddleston's also! We will see for sure though!! I actually had another typer+ on the record breaker this past weekend throwing the 4.8" keitech, and honestly.. the RB reminds me of a bigger Tour Versatile. Which is a great thing because I love the TV :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nice, love tossing 4.8"s on 1/4 4/0s belly weighted. Currently doing so on the Nautilus with a 6.3 JDream-couldn't be happier with the set up. The power of the RB isn't over kill for them? What's the taper like? I've never owned/fished one (yet) so don't have any hands on experience with them

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:08 pm

BuckNaStY wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Lol. Agreed! As soon as I'm done using one of these babies... the reel cover goes on asap! I don't want to take any chances!!
Yeah I'm not that diligent :lol: I try and fish reels with marks already as when a fish is on the only thing on my mind is landing it. The nice ones stay home tucked away.

Hows the grip on the new Destroyer when wet?

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Tue May 31, 2016 12:15 pm

so dam nice......... :P

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Nice arsenal! =D>

...that illusion/Hein combo =P~ =P~

Rarebreed
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rarebreed » Tue May 31, 2016 10:49 pm

Awesome!!! Must be hard to stay focused on fishing with all that eye candy on deck :mrgreen:

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm

Teal101 wrote:
BuckNaStY wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Yeah I'm not that diligent :lol: I try and fish reels with marks already as when a fish is on the only thing on my mind is landing it. The nice ones stay home tucked away.

Hows the grip on the new Destroyer when wet?
I haven't had any issues. Generally while casting, I keep the same grip as when reeling, unless, I'm really trying to get her out there; and even in that case, water is never really an issue!!