Fuji Hook Keepers

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Jigandpig518
Angler
Angler

Fuji Hook Keepers

Post by Jigandpig518 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:39 pm

For those of you who use them I have a question. Will they leave marks on your rods after long term use? I've been buying up MB rods and the hook keepers on the Orochi xx suck and the Japanese models don't have them. I bought some of the Fuji brand but was wondering if I should put a piece of tape under where the keeper flips up and down.
I will post picks once I get all my rods here. Have a few still enroute.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fuji Hook Keepers

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:55 pm

I haven't had any problems, but I also don't snap them down quick and hard when I'm not using them. As long as you don't place the rubber O ring on a section of the blank that is thick, where you really have to stretch it and struggle to get it on, it shouldn't leave any marks. Hasn't on mine anyways.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:22 am

I haven't had any issues.
The only thing that happens, is that the rubber ring eventually wears out, but a trip to your local hardware store for o rings remedies that.
Last edited by zodiak311 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigandpig518
Angler
Angler

Post by Jigandpig518 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:38 am

Thanks. Been eat sleep breathing MB rods for 3 weeks. Trying to switch over most. Purchased 12 so far new and used. Looking for xx or x4 amart flip. Was looking for an x7 equivalent but not sold on anything yet. Anyone have any suggestions? I have one amart flip xx and I like the way it feels and believe it will do good flippin pads and punching mats. Heaviest weight I use is 1 oz so some of the other rods will b overkill probably.

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:36 am

zodiak311 wrote:I haven't had any issues.
The only thing that happens, is that the rubber ring eventually wears out, but a trip to your local hardware store for o rings remedies that.
do you happen to know the exact size o-ring?

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:45 am

MRQturbo wrote:
Sorry I don't, I just brought the broken one in with me. Harbor freight also sells a whole box of various sized o rings, which also work perfect for wacky rigged senkos.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:44 am

Jigandpig518 wrote:Thanks. Been eat sleep breathing MB rods for 3 weeks. Trying to switch over most. Purchased 12 so far new and used. Looking for xx or x4 amart flip. Was looking for an x7 equivalent but not sold on anything yet. Anyone have any suggestions? I have one amart flip xx and I like the way it feels and believe it will do good flippin pads and punching mats. Heaviest weight I use is 1 oz so some of the other rods will b overkill probably.
Welcome to the MB addiction :mrgreen:

There are a few options in Phase III, X4 and X7 in the "up to 2 oz" range. Depends a bit on what you are looking to do with it and what length of rod you are comfortable with. The Record Breaker (Phase III) is a classic. The Seven-Eleven is another good option as is the X7 AMart (but shorter).

But I would look seriously look at the 2016 Destroyer, especially the Faust.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:04 pm

BTW, don't know if you have added this one to your arsenal yet but it's a really nice jig and t-rig rod (crazy good with 1/2 oz jigs). A little too soft to winch fish out of the thick stuff, but great around docks, wood and lighter grass. And a hell of a deal.

http://en.megabassstore.jp/fs/megabass2/detail-23249

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:08 am

MRQturbo wrote:
There really is no exact size because of the gazillions of rods with different size blanks. I have thought about buy an o ring kit to get that perfect size.

Jigandpig518
Angler
Angler

Post by Jigandpig518 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:51 pm

saoulons wrote:BTW, don't know if you have added this one to your arsenal yet but it's a really nice jig and t-rig rod (crazy good with 1/2 oz jigs). A little too soft to winch fish out of the thick stuff, but great around docks, wood and lighter grass. And a hell of a deal.

Link won't work.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:00 am

I use enough electrical tape to eliminate hook marks.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:35 am

Jigandpig518 wrote:
saoulons wrote:BTW, don't know if you have added this one to your arsenal yet but it's a really nice jig and t-rig rod (crazy good with 1/2 oz jigs). A little too soft to winch fish out of the thick stuff, but great around docks, wood and lighter grass. And a hell of a deal.

Link won't work.
Yeah,the rod special sold out...

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 am

saoulons wrote:
Jigandpig518 wrote:

Link won't work.
What rod was it?????

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Tigerbass wrote:
saoulons wrote:
Jigandpig518 wrote:

Link won't work.
What rod was it?????
X7 Extreme Mission for $286 shipped. I slept on it and missed the deal.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Yeah, Megabass has been putting a few rods (including some X7) on sale at ~50% for their "Starting Campaign" which runs through March.

They notify over email (somewhat randomly), so better to check the site every now and then.