Septembr GoPro Follow Up(2015 Fall Report Video Action)

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Septembr GoPro Follow Up(2015 Fall Report Video Action)

Post by MTBF » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 am

Good morning everybody! I have never put together a video edited in with music and neat fish catch's. This past Christmas I asked for a GoPro from the family and they delivered. Was very happy. Unfortunately I don't have a portable power pack so while camping this past August I didn't bother bringing the camera/laptop. However on my last trip I brought up the electronics and spent some time each day (4-5 hours) filming then at night uploading the videos. I did get some nice fish on video and of course some little fighters also. Very excited to of got this completed and put together.

Although I'm not sponsored by half these companies I wanted to point out the tackle in the video. Most of the clips were shot using The Perfect Jig 3/4oz Stand-Up head with a PTL 3.5" TRJ Trailer on the back used as a chunk. Bait two is a 1/2oz Pearl and Pearl/Chartreuse Swim Jig rigged with a PTL 4.8" Swinging Hammer on the back(Trimmed 1"), and next are Nichol's Pulsator Metal Flake 1/2oz Spinnerbaits as well as the Megabass Vision 110+1. No finesse no light line except with the Jerkbait. Straight 10lb Fluoro on that setup. The Jig/Swim Jig/Spinnerbait rods are lined with 50lb braid, 22lb Fluorocarbon or 20lb Fluorocarbon. There is also a quick flip with the TRJ simply texas rigged with pegged 1/2oz tungsten above the bait.

Any questions for rods/reels give me a shout. Everything is stock with the exception of handle knob's/handles on the D7's.
Please follow the link posted below
https://vimeo.com/141468836

First try to take it easy on me haha, got ideas for different mounts for next summer.

MTBF

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Septembr GoPro Follow Up(2015 Fall Report Video Action)

Post by JDLaman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:34 am

Great video! Thanks for sharing. =D>

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:56 am

Great vid, nice catches! My only tip would be to ditch the chesty. It's great for shots of your reel and hands, but I found most of the time I am obstructing the camera. A head mount is good, but you still get lots of shake when setting the hook and fighting fish. The suction cup mount is the bees knees for on a boat and can capture everything from topwater explosions to hookset to landing all from one location. I just really started playing with a suction mount this fall and love it. Also mounting the camera on a pole to give a large field of view from above is a cool shot. Of course 3 mounts, two more cameras, batteries and cards for all that can put a hurting on the ole bank account :lol:

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:47 am

Great vid. I gotta say...there is no reel like a Chronarch 100D. I have so many different reels and I just always want to use my Chronarchs.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:01 am

Teal101 wrote:Great vid, nice catches! My only tip would be to ditch the chesty. It's great for shots of your reel and hands, but I found most of the time I am obstructing the camera. A head mount is good, but you still get lots of shake when setting the hook and fighting fish. The suction cup mount is the bees knees for on a boat and can capture everything from topwater explosions to hookset to landing all from one location. I just really started playing with a suction mount this fall and love it. Also mounting the camera on a pole to give a large field of view from above is a cool shot. Of course 3 mounts, two more cameras, batteries and cards for all that can put a hurting on the ole bank account :lol:
No harm at all. If I keep my arms to the side you do get decent beside the boat shots but I did hit the camera lot's that trip. Going to try for a pole of some sort beside or behind me. Well see, chest mount is comfortable and easy to forget about that's the nice thing.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 am

MTBF wrote:
Teal101 wrote:Great vid, nice catches! My only tip would be to ditch the chesty. It's great for shots of your reel and hands, but I found most of the time I am obstructing the camera. A head mount is good, but you still get lots of shake when setting the hook and fighting fish. The suction cup mount is the bees knees for on a boat and can capture everything from topwater explosions to hookset to landing all from one location. I just really started playing with a suction mount this fall and love it. Also mounting the camera on a pole to give a large field of view from above is a cool shot. Of course 3 mounts, two more cameras, batteries and cards for all that can put a hurting on the ole bank account :lol:
No harm at all. If I keep my arms to the side you do get decent beside the boat shots but I did hit the camera lot's that trip. Going to try for a pole of some sort beside or behind me. Well see, chest mount is comfortable and easy to forget about that's the nice thing.
Very true, the biggest thing with the head mount is comfort. It really is tiring wearing it all day. The pole is the best way to go imo. You did get some sick shots though! =D>

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:07 am

Great video :big grin:

Demoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Demoman » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Sooo siiick! Nice edit, awesome fish!

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Teal101 wrote:
MTBF wrote:
Very true, the biggest thing with the head mount is comfort. It really is tiring wearing it all day. The pole is the best way to go imo. You did get some sick shots though! =D>
Any "Pole" suggestions. I'm in a 14' boat so need something at least 2ft tall. Ideally something with a clamp that can be clamped to the side of the boat. I see so many small 1ft GOPro brand and other pole bendy mounts but can't seem to find a 2ft version. Maybe I don't need it that tall but then I would put the camera at my shoulder height rather than low and at my waist height.

Working on a re-make video same shots with a few extras thrown in.

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 665 almostevil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 am

great video quick and action packed!

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:08 am

MTBF wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
MTBF wrote:
Any "Pole" suggestions. I'm in a 14' boat so need something at least 2ft tall. Ideally something with a clamp that can be clamped to the side of the boat. I see so many small 1ft GOPro brand and other pole bendy mounts but can't seem to find a 2ft version. Maybe I don't need it that tall but then I would put the camera at my shoulder height rather than low and at my waist height.

Working on a re-make video same shots with a few extras thrown in.
I've seen this one mentioned before as a good option. It's on the expensive side, but looks to be well built. I'm probably going to make my own similar to this,
http://ezcampost.com/

Something that can mount into seat post holes would be ideal. The taller the better since it will give you an overhead panorama view of whats going on. Check out Tactical Bassins videos on Youtube, they use a pole like this a lot and get some sick shots. They also have a video on Gopro accessories. I dont know of a pole off hand that is tall with a clip on mount.