August Bassin 2 Weeks

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

August Bassin 2 Weeks

Post by MTBF » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:44 am

Hey guys, just got back from my annual camping and fishing trip. Took a bunch of pictures with nice fish. Conditions were good, 25-30 degrees for the first week and a half then we got a big cold front and rain came for the last 3 days.

Here we go, any catch with the Black Blue/Red Flake, or Green Pumpkin Purple Flake 3.5" TRJ was caught
on the NRX873C CRR, Core 50Mg7 and Shooter 22lb Fluorocarbon. I use PowerTeam Lures plastics for the last 4 or 5 seasons. they worked well for me prior to jointing up with Katie and Bob but after the hookup I have grown into using more of there baits. On with the pictures!

Swimbait Largemouth, any swim bait fish were on the Expride 7'1Heavy and D7, spooled with 40lb SX1 Braid. Swinging Hammer 4.8"

Smallie on the craw

Cold front fish on the food chain tube, NRX852S JWR and the Stradic CI4+3000 love it

Ito Shiner got a few largies on it

Pike…not impressed haha

Froggin, Bleedin Frog' by Snag Proof sworn by them for 5 or more seasons. That NRX895C JWR is such a awesome setup, better distance, accuracy and power very happy with the switch from the 7'4H Cumara.

Stella 1000FE/NRX802S JWR, awesome setup for the 1/4oz PopX

Finally finding the smallmouth hideouts

Flippin the 3/4oz Tungsten and that Texas-Rig Jig love it

Early morning swim bait fish

Big smallmouth of the trip, these fish know how to give me a heart attack so many jumps

Vivion 110+1 a must have over the deep water

Froggin

Flippin, big largemouth of the trip.

Another big girl

And one more,

Thanks for looking guys, can't wait until next time. Got a day trip to a lake close to the GTA planed for next month.

MTBF
Last edited by MTBF on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: August Bassin 2 Weeks

Post by dhottle » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:10 am

Looks like you did some serious damage over the two weeks. WTG.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:46 am

Nice fish & gear =D>

Will-Fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Will-Fish » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 am

You must had a blast. Nice pictures and great gears.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Stellar post. Must have been a really nice trip minus the dicey early morning temps!

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Read the temps and realized you're Canadian :lol:
Awesome Canadian bass. Beautiful colors on the fish

targaboy175
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by targaboy175 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:41 pm

very nice buddy :)

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Got to tone things down. I over think everything, rods, reels, lines, lures and plastics got to cut down on some things for next season :P Hope the winter doesn't make me go broke got to be conservative this year haha.

Tightlines guys!

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 am

MTBF wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. Got to tone things down. I over think everything, rods, reels, lines, lures and plastics got to cut down on some things for next season :P Hope the winter doesn't make me go broke got to be conservative this year haha.

Tightlines guys!
How do you like the expride rod ?

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:34 am

the hooligan wrote:
MTBF wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. Got to tone things down. I over think everything, rods, reels, lines, lures and plastics got to cut down on some things for next season :P Hope the winter doesn't make me go broke got to be conservative this year haha.

Tightlines guys!

The Expride is very strong the 7'1H I have and the elasticity is unreal. When I set on a bass the rod goes into a deep bend but flexes and pulls the fish up out of the cover. Reel seat is comfortable, guides have not clogged with dirt and are a good size east to see when lining the rod. Handle length is nice when slinging the swim bait out into the pads, although I can't comment much on sensitivity almost all strikes I can feel through the rod keeping the braid. I'll be getting another possibly for jerk baits, I like how accurate my casting is with this rod it loads up nice.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 am

MTBF wrote:
the hooligan wrote:

Tightlines guys!

The Expride is very strong the 7'1H I have and the elasticity is unreal. When I set on a bass the rod goes into a deep bend but flexes and pulls the fish up out of the cover. Reel seat is comfortable, guides have not clogged with dirt and are a good size east to see when lining the rod. Handle length is nice when slinging the swim bait out into the pads, although I can't comment much on sensitivity almost all strikes I can feel through the rod keeping the braid. I'll be getting another possibly for jerk baits, I like how accurate my casting is with this rod it loads up nice.
Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards the lighter 6'6 model, just undecided on the expride or adrena... Or the 802 nrx if I can swing it.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Very nice, jealous indeed... :D

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Awesome!! This is not a knock in any way, but it's so cool that you caught all those fish in an affordable boat that costs less that what I can see in the cost of your rods/reels! Classic.

I wish I could get it through my head that I always don't need the best boat/truck etc to go along with my tackle arsenal. I'd probably be fishing more now. Pretty sweet man nice work.

Rick

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:00 am

karirick wrote:Awesome!! This is not a knock in any way, but it's so cool that you caught all those fish in an affordable boat that costs less that what I can see in the cost of your rods/reels! Classic.

I wish I could get it through my head that I always don't need the best boat/truck etc to go along with my tackle arsenal. I'd probably be fishing more now. Pretty sweet man nice work.

Rick
No knock at all infact I knock those with the bass boats :P You just can't manoeuvre in slop and shallows like you can with a 14' aluminum. My big upgrade to this boat would be a flat floor and some carpet to stop the noise. I tend to run the transom mount (EnduraMax 55lb) backyards turning the head of the motor away from the back of the boat, the wind doesn't spin me and I have all the room I need to pitch baits behind the motor, off to the left or right. The boat just works, I would like to be higher up but the taller you stand the taller your shadow on the slop mat. I would like to bump the speed to a 15 or 20 but I'm happy with what I get. 70mph would be nice but you don't see things the same. 15mph is slow but fast enough for the life I live on these trips. Slow things down.

I run through tight rocky spots daily, some boats can't make it through certain areas. I don't like limitations and these lakes kick up a 2ft wave at best.

Thanks for the reply's guys!

Mike
Last edited by MTBF on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:07 am

You definitely have that water figured out for this time of year!