Aussie pride

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Aussie pride

Post by kakaryan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:27 pm

I have been using the Aussie Daiwa interline spinning rod since 2010. Very nice rod. Love it. But I missed something......

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Aussie pride

Post by kakaryan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:34 pm

...4 years later, I finally manage to get that "something" that I missed. Something that I always want: the baitcast model, Tournament Master-Z Interline 662MFB. =P~ =P~ =P~

The Aussie twin.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Lovely set-up Kakaryan. Due to the problem getting longer cast rods here in Australia, I have the same spin rod matched with a Sol baitcast reel. Once you get used to the lack of trigger grip it makes a fantastic light crankbait rod. I have 3 of the spin rods (one used exclusively with the Sol) and 2 of the same cast rods as yourself.PS, if you can chase up one of the original Emeraldas 2506 spin reels, the colour match on that harlequin reel seat is spot on. On a second look, the reel in the first photo looks like you may know that already.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Great to hear! I always wondered whether spinning interlinked would work for baitcast as well. I've sanded down a rod or two to be trigger less (or nearly so ) and I love it. I've never used an inter line but keen to try

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 am

Sore Thumb wrote:Lovely set-up Kakaryan. Due to the problem getting longer cast rods here in Australia, I have the same spin rod matched with a Sol baitcast reel. Once you get used to the lack of trigger grip it makes a fantastic light crankbait rod. I have 3 of the spin rods (one used exclusively with the Sol) and 2 of the same cast rods as yourself.PS, if you can chase up one of the original Emeraldas 2506 spin reels, the colour match on that harlequin reel seat is spot on. On a second look, the reel in the first photo looks like you may know that already.
Welcome to TT. :D Nice collection you have, 5 interline rods. =P~ =D>

Haha mate, I have done the exactly same thing. I have put my Zonda on the 762LFS once for demonstrating purpose. :lol:

It felt a bit tip heavy (it's fine as it's a long spinning rod anyway). I haven't really fished it but it should be nice. I think interline spinning rod is easy to convert to baitcast rod. You do not have to find the spine and re-wrap the guides. Just give it a new handle and maybe butt end balancer. But I do not want to modify my 762LFS. It is too beautiful. :big grin:

A 662ULFS converted to baitcast rod would be interesting. :-$

The Daiwa harlequin is definitely one of the best colour on tackles. (The other would be TD-ito Mazjora green) But back in 2010 the better Emeraldas reel is the 09 white colour model. I got the lower end Emeraldas INF instead. As shown in the first pic, which had the harlequin colour. I then upgraded to a Steez 2508. Now, Daiwa have the better Emeraldas in harlequin, and another Emeraldas MX also in harlequin coming out. :doh: Do I need a new reel? 8-[ 8-[ :lol:

SWH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SWH » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:19 am

Is the internal line feature good?

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks Kakaryan, I've got my spies looking for the 6'6 ULFS at the moment. I was going to use it for a light trout spin rod but you've got me thinking and it may see use with an orange Pixy I have looking for a home. Dual purpose tackle has to be good in this economic climate. If you can find one, the Emeralda Colossal was based on a Certate platform rather than the Luvius and while not as sexy looking ( matte black with the blue and gold highlights ) is a lovely reel. SWH, the Interline concept is great, I think, as especially with the very light, limp, braids I use the tip and guide wraps prevalent in some techniques and conditions, are a thing of the past.Down here they have been available for a while and come in Surf casting, boat/bait styles as well as the more upmarket version that is the topic of this thread. The bait versions make fantastic rods for our snapper fishing, a lot of which takes place in low light and night time hours. I've used them in salt and fresh water and pay a little extra bit of attention to cleaning after use in the salt.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:29 am

That interline concept is very cool. Not something you see every day. Nice setups guys.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:47 am

Wait.. When it loads up wouldn't the rod be flexing on the other side if the spine??
Also those Daiwa spin handles. Ive found shaping a foam "bump" and securing it with self dealing tape can make an idea handle.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Martin, the blanks don't seem to have a spine in the normal sense. Unless you want to mark the two halves of the blank, each time you assemble it the "spine" will be in a different alignment anyway. Besides a regular style of blank can be rolled with spine on the inside or the outside of the curve, it will change the perceived stiffness of the action, therefore changing it from a spin to a casting blank. If you look at the newer design of blanks, the layers of material are arranged to cross each other and eliminate twisting.With an interline rod, because the line runs up the inside of the blank, on a finely pitched series of coils ( maybe for example 1000 "guides" ) any twisting is not noticed. My surf rod, rated 20-30lbs will launch a 5oz metal slice into orbit. We use them around a river mouth to imitate the small carp that get flushed out in flood events, to target mulloway with no ill effect. Mine has an ABU7000 on it, my fishing mate uses a Penn Spinfisher, same rod, two styles.

thaos95
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by thaos95 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Looking good! I like

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:17 am

Didn't you read the writing on the rod? "Exclusively Designed for Australia Anglers" It seems you are breaking Daiwa's rules. Pack them up and send them to me. ;) (You need to track down a Daiwa Heartland Wakizashi Ryuron)

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:40 am

aussiebasser wrote:Didn't you read the writing on the rod? "Exclusively Designed for Australia Anglers" It seems you are breaking Daiwa's rules. Pack them up and send them to me. ;) (You need to track down a Daiwa Heartland Wakizashi Ryuron)
:oops: :oops: Swap? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 am

No swap. :lol:

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:39 am

Estuary cod on light gear. Great fun. :D

Rod: Daiwa Tournament Master Z-i 762LFS
Reel: Daiwa Steez 2508
Line: Daiwa TD Sensor Tournament PE 6lb.
Lure: Daiwa Double Clutch 75SP-G

Daiwa are the best. :lol: