Poison Ultima!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Poison Ultima!

Post by alexandboi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:52 pm

How versatile would you consider the rod? I've been debating if I should pick up a Nautilus or save up some more and get an Ultima instead...

Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Love2Grabbass » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:14 am

alexandboi wrote:How versatile would you consider the rod? I've been debating if I should pick up a Nautilus or save up some more and get an Ultima instead...
I have been back and forth about getting a Nautilus but never pulled the trigger so I cant compare the two however, from what I understand of the Nautilus there is a difference in action between these rods... The Ultima has a true fast action and from what I have been told about the Nautilus, it is more of a moderate fast. That alone might make the Nautilus more versatile but I honestly think the Ultima would excel within its range at everything except cranking. Oh and the Ultima is beyond light and the sensitivity will actually make you laugh when you first feel it in use!

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 am

Love2Grabbass wrote:
alexandboi wrote:How versatile would you consider the rod? I've been debating if I should pick up a Nautilus or save up some more and get an Ultima instead...
I have been back and forth about getting a Nautilus but never pulled the trigger so I cant compare the two however, from what I understand of the Nautilus there is a difference in action between these rods... The Ultima has a true fast action and from what I have been told about the Nautilus, it is more of a moderate fast. That alone might make the Nautilus more versatile but I honestly think the Ultima would excel within its range at everything except cranking. Oh and the Ultima is beyond light and the sensitivity will actually make you laugh when you first feel it in use!
Thanks! I guess I will be saving up for an Ultima instead. You said you wouldn't crank with it, but would you throw 1 oz rattle traps and jerkbaits on it? just curious since I occasionally fish a canal system that holds striped bass and those are my primary lures. It's not a big deal though, worst case scenario I will just get both rods :big grin:

haoz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by haoz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:29 am

alexandboi wrote:
Thanks! I guess I will be saving up for an Ultima instead. You said you wouldn't crank with it, but would you throw 1 oz rattle traps and jerkbaits on it? just curious since I occasionally fish a canal system that holds striped bass and those are my primary lures. It's not a big deal though, worst case scenario I will just get both rods :big grin:
I have a Poison Glorious Rushburn that I used with 1oz jerk bait on the rivers in Manhatten for stripe bass and it has proven to be very good. I always feel a big BAM! when the stripper bass take the lure, and the tip is soft & fast enough that hooks stay pinned onto the bass even when it tries to throw hooks on surface with head shakes and all.

Having the Adrena rod too, I supposed the carbon rear grip of the Ultimata increase sensitivity. Not to mention new carbon fiber blend.

Idk, I will probably sell my PG Rushburn and get 2 Ultimas maybe.

I was sold when I read about how the owner couldn't help laughing when the fish bites. That was exactly my reaction with the fishes caught on my 2 Poison Glorious rods.

I'm not so sold onto the looks tho, but the ultimate sensitivity has always been my pursuit when fishing.

I'm not sure what I'm talking makes sense not and I can't wait to get back home so I can grab the new rods.

Regards
Hao

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks, hopefully I will be able to pick one up some time next month :D

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 am

What are the specs on this rod? Is the tip suitable to throw 5/16 to 3/8 oz jigs and texas rigs by loading up. What is rear handle length fron end of grip to butt. Thanks

Will-Fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Will-Fish » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:45 am

That's sick looking. Good for you!!

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:34 am

PM sent Love2G.

Schumitserious
Angler
Angler

Post by Schumitserious » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:26 am

That is one sick combination!

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 am

Beautiful pictures, really nice stick. =D>

Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Love2Grabbass » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 am

BigG wrote:Beautiful pictures, really nice stick. =D>
Thanks, bassm1n has the same rod and feels the same about it that I do... this rods is in its own league!

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Love2Grabbass wrote:
BigG wrote:Beautiful pictures, really nice stick. =D>
Thanks, bassm1n has the same rod and feels the same about it that I do... this rods is in its own league!
Now that you have more time with it, any performance updates to share?

Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Love2Grabbass » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:47 am

It is as good as I first thought... I have used it for frogs, pitching med-heavy jigs/t-rigs, and bomb casting 5.5 in Damiki Stingers. Even at the end of a ridiculously long cast with 16lb Shooter, it still felt like someone was flicking the end of the rod every time I got bit. I will be getting another 72H and adding the 70M once I get to Texas and the dust settles.

If your in the market for one bootytrain, grab one up, they wont last long and you wont see them for sale used.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

That rod looks super nice, nice pictures and congrads on the new stick.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:34 am

This rod is SPECIAL. It has that feel and the action is perfect. Excellent caster and love the shorter handle. Thanks for the original post.