First Shimano Build

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Post Reply
Dragboatdriver
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 am
Location: Smith Mountain Lake

First Shimano Build

Post by Dragboatdriver » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:39 am

I have been toying with the idea of doing a finesse Shimano reel for a while. Several times I came very close to biting the bullet on an Aldebaran BFS but just never could commit to it. Finally I started buying parts and this fine little reel came together.

Aldebaran Mg7
KTF Spool
Hedgehog Studios dress up parts
Hedgehog Studios Air BFS bearings

Overall, I am very happy with the build and I see a 6'6" ml Jackall Adrena in my near future to pair with it.

I hope you enjoy!
Attachments
100_9899.JPG
100_9899.JPG (77.24 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
100_9898.JPG
100_9898.JPG (81.8 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
100_9897.JPG
100_9897.JPG (79.42 KiB) Viewed 1369 times

User avatar
Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:33 am
Location: San Angelo, Texas

Re: First Shimano Build

Post by Love2Grabbass » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:05 am

Awesome looking reel but I'm obviously biased! Have you thought about pairing it with the new Poison Ultima bfs rod?

haoz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:18 am

Re: First Shimano Build

Post by haoz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Love2Grabbass wrote:Awesome looking reel but I'm obviously biased! Have you thought about pairing it with the new Poison Ultima bfs rod?
LOL.

Now you're poisoning him.

Perhaps Poison Glorious?

User avatar
Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:28 am

Re: First Shimano Build

Post by Bootytrain » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Red and gold looks good :)

User avatar
Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:33 am
Location: San Angelo, Texas

Re: First Shimano Build

Post by Love2Grabbass » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 am

haoz wrote:
Love2Grabbass wrote:Awesome looking reel but I'm obviously biased! Have you thought about pairing it with the new Poison Ultima bfs rod?
LOL.

Now you're poisoning him.

Perhaps Poison Glorious?
:lol:

FYI Dragboat, there is a 6'4" Poison Glorious BFS rod for $380 in the garage sale section on Plats website... Perfect match for your built Alde and the PG will blow your mind!

User avatar
triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1671
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:26 am

Re: First Shimano Build

Post by triple_illusion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:07 am

Love2Grabbass wrote:
haoz wrote:
Love2Grabbass wrote:Awesome looking reel but I'm obviously biased! Have you thought about pairing it with the new Poison Ultima bfs rod?
LOL.

Now you're poisoning him.

Perhaps Poison Glorious?
:lol:

FYI Dragboat, there is a 6'4" Poison Glorious BFS rod for $380 in the garage sale section on Plats website... Perfect match for your built Alde and the PG will blow your mind!
=D>

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota

Re: First Shimano Build

Post by Pen3 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:22 pm

I have a similar setup of Aldebaran Avail Honeycomb, but the rod i picked was a cheap Spiral Quad Light.

Post Reply