Finally got what I've always wanted!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
ztcsmd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Finally got what I've always wanted!

Post by ztcsmd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Sweet mother of Mary--I've been waitin for that "special one" to pop up also--you must feel like a kid in a candy store. Now you have to find the 2506 companion for company!! They truly are works of art.

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 pm

aussiebasser wrote:There I was, staring Angelina Jolie right in the face, I scrolled down and someone had photoshopped Oprah's body onto her.

Put that work of art on a real fishing rod and it will perform to it's expectations.
I read this and started cracking up :lol:

I'm a full time college student and work very limited hours part time, during the summer when I'm working a lot more I'll start saving for one ;)

Dragboatdriver
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dragboatdriver » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

DE_Bass_Enthusiast wrote:
aussiebasser wrote:There I was, staring Angelina Jolie right in the face, I scrolled down and someone had photoshopped Oprah's body onto her.

Put that work of art on a real fishing rod and it will perform to it's expectations.

I'm a full time college student and work very limited hours part time, during the summer when I'm working a lot more I'll start saving for one ;)

Being a full time college student is no excuse!!

You need to get your priorities straight so you can buy a high-end rod for that reel! ](*,)

Just messing with you man, sweet reel you've got there! =D>

I am a full time college student that collects JDM and high-end equipment as well. Great to see someone else my age is interested in this stuff.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

As always, you certainly have a way with words! :lol:

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Dragboatdriver wrote:Being a full time college student is no excuse!!
see DE_Bass this guy's got the right attitude, no mulligans for being in school... i know college can make it hard to transition to the Enthusiastic lifestyle but what do you think student loans are for, tuition :)

and for the record, Daiwa reels work fine on Shimano rods, but Megabass reels must be matched up to Megabass rods or else the reel starts casting for crap, the gears get grindy, and in the TD-ito's case the Kanji characters fade prematurely... just to be safe you should check the reel foot for stains!

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 pm

zenbassr wrote:
Dragboatdriver wrote:Being a full time college student is no excuse!!
see DE_Bass this guy's got the right attitude, no mulligans for being in school... i know college can make it hard to transition to the Enthusiastic lifestyle but what do you think student loans are for, tuition :)

and for the record, Daiwa reels work fine on Shimano rods, but Megabass reels must be matched up to Megabass rods or else the reel starts casting for crap, the gears get grindy, and in the TD-ito's case the Kanji characters fade prematurely... just to be safe you should check the reel foot for stains!
Shimano "dooky stains" :lol:

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Dragboatdriver wrote:
DE_Bass_Enthusiast wrote:

Being a full time college student is no excuse!!

You need to get your priorities straight so you can buy a high-end rod for that reel! ](*,)

Just messing with you man, sweet reel you've got there! =D>

I am a full time college student that collects JDM and high-end equipment as well. Great to see someone else my age is interested in this stuff.
Very cool to see someone my age on here as well, around where I live no one my age likes fishing and when they hear that its my #1 hobby I get the weirdest looks :whistle:

That is one hell of an alphas you just picked up as well, Ive never even seen that one before =D>

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:45 pm

In all seriousness though... Im not a strictly daiwa guy.I love my Curado 201E7, Citica 200D (beat up but fishes just as well as it did when I got it 3-4 years ago), and 1st Gen Revo Premier.

However after recently aquiring this TD-itö and my PXL Type R I feel as if there will be no turning back :evil22:

jspinelli8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jspinelli8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

You have one upped me twice now.

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 pm

jspinelli8 wrote:You have one upped me twice now.
Joe you still have a better collection than me :lol:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Congrats on the acquisition of an all time classic. It's amazing how well this reel holds it's value despite being built 10 years ago now. Everyone should own a TD-ito or two, or three... :lol:

BassMan33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassMan33 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 pm

I just got my first JDM reel and they are truly amazing

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Take care of my baby... :crying:

Give her lots of love, TLC and most of all...get her some on the water bassin' time! 8-)

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 pm

dragon1 wrote:Take care of my baby... :crying:

Give her lots of love, TLC and most of all...get her some on the water bassin' time! 8-)
She's in good hands :)

Definitely going to get it out on the water a lot this year. It'd be great to catch a prespawn fatty on this reel!

Chewy
Angler
Angler

Post by Chewy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Congrats on the long-awaited purchase. I did the same thing (waited patiently for 4 years) and remember the moment when the 103ml finally arrived. I waited over four years cause I couldn't get myself to spend "so much" for a fishing reel.

Two months after that, I got the Ryoga 1016hl, then the z2020hl 6 months after that. I recently purchased the calais 201dc. Along the way I also purchased the Alphas 103l and Type F. What I'm trying to say here kid, is the ito is the gateway reel. You better get 3 jobs and a woman who supports your addiction.

Cheers,
Andrew

p.s. get the Ito off of that Shimano ;)