Where are the shimanos?

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
dukhntr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by dukhntr » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm

John Puckett wrote:dukhntr, nice set of gear there man.
Thanks. Pics turned out pretty crappy....

targaboy175
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by targaboy175 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm

my spinner bait setup, calais dc 201 with zpi handle and Yumeya knobs.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:30 pm

dukhntr wrote:Nothing fancy at all hear. Just work horses....Chronarch D7's with a Calais 100 and Chronarch 50 MG mixed in....

I couldn't help but notice the popper on the Mg combo. I have a Mg on my 1/4oz popper combo, and I couldn't be happier. :D

Nice gear btw. 8-)

Real Legg Legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Real Legg Legend » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Native wrote:He did it himself albeit, pride in ownership isn't about perfection and he was the OP .... What's your point?
My point was that the paint job looks rough, pretty self explanatory. No need to get your panties in a knot. If he is happy with it........great
That was my point, and I'd hoped it would've been your's as well. Too bad a little class was too much to ask for ... End of discussion.

MiniVan I apologize for speaking out of turn.

MiniVan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MiniVan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 am

No biggie. I know it's rough. I didn't bother to sand it. It was just a quick fix to all the boat rash it had. I plan on breaking it down and sending it to Oscar. I want it curado green like the E series.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 am

MiniVan wrote:No biggie. I know it's rough. I didn't bother to sand it. It was just a quick fix to all the boat rash it had. I plan on breaking it down and sending it to Oscar. I want it curado green like the E series.
I didn't mean it looked horrible, and I hope you didn't take it take it that way. I simply meant it looked unfinished. I want to paint a few reels myself, but I don't trust myself to put it back together correctly ](*,) And again, thank you for the suggestions and info regarding the Kayaks. You seem to be the go to guy for yak questions.

dukhntr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dukhntr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
dukhntr wrote:Nothing fancy at all hear. Just work horses....Chronarch D7's with a Calais 100 and Chronarch 50 MG mixed in....

I couldn't help but notice the popper on the Mg combo. I have a Mg on my 1/4oz popper combo, and I couldn't be happier. :D

Nice gear btw. 8-)
Thanks, yeah, that is a 1/4 oz yellow magic with an MBR782 GLX. Extremely light. I have caught many of 7-8lbs wipers with that rig. It's a blast. Thanks for the compliment.

gorilla style
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gorilla style » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

targaboy175 wrote:my spinner bait setup, calais dc 201 with zpi handle and Yumeya knobs.

Wow even 6 to 7 years on the Calais DC still looks freakin awesome. Its got to have the best looking cast control knob Ive ever seen 8-)

Gabriel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gabriel » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
MiniVan wrote:No biggie. I know it's rough. I didn't bother to sand it. It was just a quick fix to all the boat rash it had. I plan on breaking it down and sending it to Oscar. I want it curado green like the E series.
I didn't mean it looked horrible, and I hope you didn't take it take it that way. I simply meant it looked unfinished. I want to paint a few reels myself, but I don't trust myself to put it back together correctly.
I have to say that when I painted my reel that was the most difficult part. I had the reel prepped and apart for a month before I could get my paint and airbrush and it was tough to remember where all the parts go. I didn't loose a single part and didn't have any leftovers either. Some pieces are terrible to get back in though so caution is a must.

haoz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by haoz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 am

yea, the first time I tear down my reel for servicing... I almost cried putting the pieces back.

I recalled thinking all the guys out here who do a thorough servicing on their reels are either damn good with their fingers or they're lunatics.

As I serviced my own reel more often, I grew more confident and now I'm of the opinion that guys who thoroughly serviced their reels or tear it apart for a paint job are both damn good and mad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, I really like your orange and black color combo on your reel. great job.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 am

Some nice gear there fellas.

I agree, the MBR 782 IMX/GLX is truly a blast on lighter topwaters, smaller cranks and jerkbaits.

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 am

some of mine...

first pic i've posted of some Calfish work... thanks Alan i knew it was in the right hands 8-)

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm

dukhntr wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:

Nice gear btw. 8-)
Thanks, yeah, that is a 1/4 oz yellow magic with an MBR782 GLX. Extremely light. I have caught many of 7-8lbs wipers with that rig. It's a blast. Thanks for the compliment.

No sweat. 8-)

Here's one for now: a Calcutta 201DC on a Zombie Rod and Tackle 7'4" MH stick.

saradavison
Angler
Angler

Post by saradavison » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 am

](*,)