Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby Obz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 pm

SteveSchmelzle wrote:absolutely!

He calls my NRX's "funny blue rods" that don't work. he refers to the 9 reel seat failures he's been on the boat for (and one as recent as this last trip).

tells me I need to upgrade to his St Criox Avid :)

"my reels don't fall off, son" =D>

I just picked up a NRX 894c, I thought it was weird that my sv103 mounted better than my '12 Antares? The Antares really fought me, is there a shim that sits in there best or have you found a modification that helps with that?

SteveSchmelzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby SteveSchmelzle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 am

as long as you have one of the new models, (ie, green blank or two coloured top cork) you should be fine.

We bought a number of first gen rods (the one that failed last month was still a first gen rod), as well as 2nd gen rods that replaced many of our first gen rods.

So of the 9 failures, they were all first gen and 2nd gen rods. None on the double shaded top cork, or green blank.

But I believe there is (or will be) a 100% failure rate on all the nrx with the old reel seat glue.

And my dad has laughed all the way through it.....actually, the last failure for my buddy was a tense moment. I thought he was going to punt his rod off the deck! :)
1-2%

JBcrankaddict
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby JBcrankaddict » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 am

zodiak311 wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:Doing some cranking on the river the other day, and stuck this monster. I was cranking a RC 2.5DD through a creek mouth that meets the river when it got crushed! Always love these giant surprises! Caught on a 7’H Cumara and Stile SS PG.

Bull Run!
I caught my first Red at Hilton Head, those runs are addicting.

Nice! They have some huge ones up there on the OBX. Bull reds are a lot of fun, especially when you are bass fishing and hook one on light gear :shock: Those runs definitely make you wonder if they are ever gonna stop!
Our fall run is about to begin. Schools of 1000 or more bull reds turning the surface red and can catch as many as you can handle! Easiest fishing for big fish available anywhere!

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Obz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:08 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:as long as you have one of the new models, (ie, green blank or two coloured top cork) you should be fine.

We bought a number of first gen rods (the one that failed last month was still a first gen rod), as well as 2nd gen rods that replaced many of our first gen rods.

So of the 9 failures, they were all first gen and 2nd gen rods. None on the double shaded top cork, or green blank.

But I believe there is (or will be) a 100% failure rate on all the nrx with the old reel seat glue.

And my dad has laughed all the way through it.....actually, the last failure for my buddy was a tense moment. I thought he was going to punt his rod off the deck! :)

Lol a rod toss wouldn't be totally out of line in that situation! Mine has the two tone front cork so I suppose I'm safe. Thanks for the feedback! Tight lines man.

Return to “Show and Tell”