Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:37 pm
Location: Superior wisconsin

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby Obz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 pm

SteveSchmelzle wrote:absolutely!

He calls my NRX's "funny blue rods" that don't work. he refers to the 9 reel seat failures he's been on the boat for (and one as recent as this last trip).

tells me I need to upgrade to his St Criox Avid :)

"my reels don't fall off, son" =D>


I just picked up a NRX 894c, I thought it was weird that my sv103 mounted better than my '12 Antares? The Antares really fought me, is there a shim that sits in there best or have you found a modification that helps with that?

SteveSchmelzle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:29 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby SteveSchmelzle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 am

as long as you have one of the new models, (ie, green blank or two coloured top cork) you should be fine.

We bought a number of first gen rods (the one that failed last month was still a first gen rod), as well as 2nd gen rods that replaced many of our first gen rods.

So of the 9 failures, they were all first gen and 2nd gen rods. None on the double shaded top cork, or green blank.

But I believe there is (or will be) a 100% failure rate on all the nrx with the old reel seat glue.

And my dad has laughed all the way through it.....actually, the last failure for my buddy was a tense moment. I thought he was going to punt his rod off the deck! :)
1-2%

JBcrankaddict
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby JBcrankaddict » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 am

zodiak311 wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:Doing some cranking on the river the other day, and stuck this monster. I was cranking a RC 2.5DD through a creek mouth that meets the river when it got crushed! Always love these giant surprises! Caught on a 7’H Cumara and Stile SS PG.

Image

Bull Run!
I caught my first Red at Hilton Head, those runs are addicting.

Nice! They have some huge ones up there on the OBX. Bull reds are a lot of fun, especially when you are bass fishing and hook one on light gear :shock: Those runs definitely make you wonder if they are ever gonna stop!
Our fall run is about to begin. Schools of 1000 or more bull reds turning the surface red and can catch as many as you can handle! Easiest fishing for big fish available anywhere!

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:37 pm
Location: Superior wisconsin

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby Obz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:08 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:as long as you have one of the new models, (ie, green blank or two coloured top cork) you should be fine.

We bought a number of first gen rods (the one that failed last month was still a first gen rod), as well as 2nd gen rods that replaced many of our first gen rods.

So of the 9 failures, they were all first gen and 2nd gen rods. None on the double shaded top cork, or green blank.

But I believe there is (or will be) a 100% failure rate on all the nrx with the old reel seat glue.

And my dad has laughed all the way through it.....actually, the last failure for my buddy was a tense moment. I thought he was going to punt his rod off the deck! :)


Lol a rod toss wouldn't be totally out of line in that situation! Mine has the two tone front cork so I suppose I'm safe. Thanks for the feedback! Tight lines man.

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4662
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby Tokugawa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

Image

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 3988
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Image

Nice fish, Dave! =D> =D> =D>
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

User avatar
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby uljersey » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:05 pm

The fall feedbag was on this weekend here ... yesterday & today were really good days in spite of today's blowing wind and being 15* colder than yesterday. The humble $4.00 Bomber Square A crank was the top producer both days.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby zodiak311 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 am

uljersey wrote:The fall feedbag was on this weekend here ... yesterday & today were really good days in spite of today's blowing wind and being 15* colder than yesterday. The humble $4.00 Bomber Square A crank was the top producer both days.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Nice fish! I love my Volkeys!
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

User avatar
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby uljersey » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 pm

zodiak311 wrote:
uljersey wrote:The fall feedbag was on this weekend here ... yesterday & today were really good days in spite of today's blowing wind and being 15* colder than yesterday. The humble $4.00 Bomber Square A crank was the top producer both days.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Nice fish! I love my Volkeys!


That's a 7' ML Big Lake special ... Funny thing is I never intend that to be a crankbait rod. I only recently got serious with squarebills, I have two dedicated glass cranking rods for mainly lipless cranks and biggr squarebills but the 3/8 oz Bomber is a touch on the light side for both of them. I tied it onto the Volkey and it was a match made in heaven ... it threw that bait a mile but more importantly it handled the fish beautifully, very few came unbuttoned. What a pleasant surprise.

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby zodiak311 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:11 pm

uljersey wrote:
zodiak311 wrote:
uljersey wrote:The fall feedbag was on this weekend here ... yesterday & today were really good days in spite of today's blowing wind and being 15* colder than yesterday. The humble $4.00 Bomber Square A crank was the top producer both days.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Nice fish! I love my Volkeys!


That's a 7' ML Big Lake special ... Funny thing is I never intend that to be a crankbait rod. I only recently got serious with squarebills, I have two dedicated glass cranking rods for mainly lipless cranks and biggr squarebills but the 3/8 oz Bomber is a touch on the light side for both of them. I tied it onto the Volkey and it was a match made in heaven ... it threw that bait a mile but more importantly it handled the fish beautifully, very few came unbuttoned. What a pleasant surprise.

The Go Emotion travel rods would probably impress you as well, that is if you are looking for something compact. I use mine for micro cranks, and Ned rigs.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

User avatar
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby uljersey » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 am

A few more from yesterday. I just recently got serious with billed crankbaits, I've been a huge fan of lipless for years but never spent the time to properly learn lipped ones, particularly shallow squarebills. Yesterday I actually threw them where they were intended to be thrown - into laydowns and such. I could never wrap my head around throwing treble hook baits into a sure death situation but I was amazed how they bumped their way through. I was afraid of losing the Bomber, which has been on fire for me the last couple of weeks, and at one point I did get it hung but was able to get it back with a lure retriever.

The Bomber was the top dog of the day, then the XCalibur XCS100. The perch came on a Rebel Teeny Wee R

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4662
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby Tokugawa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:41 am

Image

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 3988
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:44 pm

^^LOVE that pic, Dave!^^ It's such fun to share the experience with my girls, too!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

JBcrankaddict
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby JBcrankaddict » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:00 am

Lucky Craft Flash Minnow getting those trophy bites! Love that lure, and love these monster Speckled trout!
Image

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Needville, TX

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Postby JDLaman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:49 am

Very nice Jeff!


Return to “Show and Tell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests