Australian Bass.

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
hardb8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Australian Bass.

Post by hardb8 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:07 am

G'day guys,
I had a sicky the other day and went Bassin.Had a pretty good session at my local dam.Landed 58 Bass and 1 Golden Perch/Yellowbelly.One of the shots I took was a close up,And it turned out to be one of my new favourite shots.

I haven't yet seen a shot of the Bass from Down Under here,So I thought I'd stick one up for ya's ta check out 8-) .

The the fish in the complete picture was the best fish landed on the day,And it's lenght was 53cm to the fork of the tail.I'd estimate it at around 5lb.

At the moment our Bass are getting ready to spawn,And this increases their weight at this time of year.Unfortuantly they need brackish water to be sucessfull,Which is obviously unavailable in the dams/lakes.But this does not stop their natural instincts in regards to trying.

Cheers B8 ;) .
Attachments
Up close,And personal..jpg
Up close,And personal..jpg (99.36 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strenght of the fish,And the later is intitled to an even chance for his life...Regards Hardb8.

hardb8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Australian Bass.

Post by hardb8 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:10 am

Here is a complete shot.Sorry,I couldn't work out how ta post two pics in one post :oops: .

Cheers B8 ;) .
Attachments
Australian Bass @ 53 F.L..jpg
Australian Bass @ 53 F.L..jpg (92.97 KiB) Viewed 6290 times
The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strenght of the fish,And the later is intitled to an even chance for his life...Regards Hardb8.

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:51 am

good looking setup you got there. I like the close-up shot. looks great.

Fishingboy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fishingboy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:37 pm

that's a huge one :shock: . Well done!

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:09 am

Love seeing people who fish for and have Bass in other countrys. Excellent stick and reel buddy, keep it up. Welcome to TT to your deffinatly at home here with that fish and that gear. ;)

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:42 am

Excellent pics, fish, and tackle!!!

Dan

Arj
Angler
Angler

Post by Arj » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:49 pm

Wher did ya get that megabass rod from in australia? :?:

hardb8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hardb8 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:23 am

First up,I'd just like to say thanks for all ya comments.They are very nice to read.

This may sound a little strange,But for some reason I do feel at home here.On the Australian forums,It seems like I'm one of the very few tackle enthusists in the country,And feel like a bit of an outcast to a degree.I get the vibe that they think I'm a bit strange cause I love the aestitics of carbon fiber,Titanum,Kevlar and CNC'd aluminum 8-) .

But here there are so many like minded anglers like myself from all over the world,Who enjoy the same things like,Rebuilding and enhancing reels,And the latest cutting edge tackle.

I imported my Megabass Espada from Japan.Got three more currently being built for my own personal use.I can't wait to tackle the postie on the footpath when they arrive :D .

I also enjoy seeing other Bassers captures from around the world.I would like to see some pictures of the American Smallmouth if anyone has any?I hear they're real tuff critters 8-) .I would one day love to go to the States for a crack at em.I also particularly like the Peacock Bass.They look wicked,And love topwaters.

I've got heaps of shots of Australian Bass if ya's wanna see some more?Close up's,Overalls,And ones including myself,And my fishin mate (He's recently been converted by me,Into a tackle nut)

Once again...Thanks! ;)

filfyfisher
Angler
Angler

Post by filfyfisher » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:11 am

First up,I'd just like to say thanks for all ya comments.They are very nice to read.

This may sound a little strange,But for some reason I do feel at home here.On the Australian forums,It seems like I'm one of the very few tackle enthusists in the country,And feel like a bit of an outcast to a degree.I get the vibe that they think I'm a bit strange cause I love the aestitics of carbon fiber,Titanum,Kevlar and CNC'd aluminum Cool .

But here there are so many like minded anglers like myself from all over the world,Who enjoy the same things like,Rebuilding and enhancing reels,And the latest cutting edge tackle.

I imported my Megabass Espada from Japan.Got three more currently being built for my own personal use.I can't wait to tackle the postie on the footpath when they arrive
Ditto can't get enough of the stuff myself.

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Nice set-up and equally nice catch! :)

mps19913
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mps19913 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:33 pm

pics sweet