Help the dolphins!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
wahoo
Angler
Angler

Help the dolphins!

Post by wahoo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:48 pm

venomous grin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Help the dolphins!

Post by venomous grin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:01 pm

wow...graphic..i signed ,almost hate being human after seeing that... :oops:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:07 am

That was incredibly sickening...makes me want to ban all Japanese products from my household...just have to understand that not all Japanese people agree with this either.

This is the murder and slaughter of a higher form of mammal...not just squashing a cockroach! Completely reprehensible.

Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Silv3Rz » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:12 am

dragon1 wrote:That was incredibly sickening...makes me want to ban all Japanese products from my household...just have to understand that not all Japanese people agree with this either.

This is the murder and slaughter of a higher form of mammal...not just squashing a cockroach! Completely reprehensible.
hows that different from the slaughtering of cows/pig or other animals...

you eat steak/porkchop/drum stick.. dont you?

Yes i agree is unhumane... higher form or not... all types of commerical fisheries is like this... if you saying thats murder... is shooting a halibut in the head with a gun ok?

And what about the japanese people who does this for a living... is that different from the whale hunts that other CULTURE do in the pass?

bigpapajim
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bigpapajim » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:59 am

They just need to come up with a way to end the animals suffering faster. That's all.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:15 pm

first of all who would want to eat them anyway

and secondly while yes it might seem brutal, all I ask it to GIVE ME A BREAK, I have personally seen how cows, pigs are killed around here and it is not that much different, if we give the people who made that support (im almost certain its PETA) our fishing days will soon come to an end.

thats all i have to say, so dont jump me please
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 pm

Firstly I am totally against PETA so don't go there :evil: ...and to compare wild animals/mammals of higher intelligence vs domesicated animals that are bred for food is completely unfair as a comparison. Our slaughter of domesicated animals will not have an effect on the food chain or the overall condition/eco-system of the World's Ocean or even the general eco-system (aside from the red tide from pig manure and the runoff of it to the ocean, etc).

Secondly, when was the last time you had school children (mayby your children?) walk by an open to public slaughter house?

Get real man...I am not saying they don't have a right to feed themselves...however, this doesn't give them the right to disregard the international laws agreed to by the majority of the World's Modern Countries in regards to protection and resposible and mutual sharing of the Ocean's denizens. That also goes for the Russians, Chinese, even Fins. There needs to be a World Standard on certain things and the sharing of the Ocean is one of them as it has no boundaries as does our land masses.

Of course, I also feel that shooting/hunting such animals like Elephants is all about EGO rather than for the legacy of hunting for survival or for food...or say an African Lion...if you think that it makes you tough, then just go out and prove it with spear and hand with the Masai. That's my opinion.

And come on man...you're comparing drumsticks, porkchops and steak to Wild Dolphins? Hey, if they find a way to raise domesticated Dolphins for slaughter and food...I would still feel that it is a little sick. It is about the level of intelligence of these animals, like Primates and Great Apes, that makes me feel a connection of sadness and sorrow more so than with say a Chicken, Pig or Cow. Maybe I'm wrong, it's just how it hits me.

promax
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by promax » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:48 am

I hate peta BUT all i can say is when these countrys that do this have depleted there foodsource dont come crying to the USA for food what comes around goes around "Eye for an eye tooth for a tooth"

SenkoSnack808
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SenkoSnack808 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:44 pm

That makes me so $%&#@ mad! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You wonder why that is even allowed?

And I have also seen cows when they are being processed, it is a painless form of execution, no suffering at all.

Corey

Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Silv3Rz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:46 am

SenkoSnack808 wrote:That makes me so $%&#@ mad! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You wonder why that is even allowed?

And I have also seen cows when they are being processed, it is a painless form of execution, no suffering at all.

Corey
promax wrote:I hate peta BUT all i can say is when these countrys that do this have depleted there foodsource dont come crying to the USA for food what comes around goes around "Eye for an eye tooth for a tooth"
Then you obviously havent seen the real process.

I find a couple reply above to be quite offensive... hope this would be locked soon before it gets out of control.

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 am

no offense but i honestly dont see why this was even posted on here, I mean I could search the internet and find all kinda of brutal stuff, but I dont, I thought that this show and tell section was for people to share their fishing gear, and other pastimes, and here somebody has to come and post something like dolphins getting killed, that whole story was staged outta this world, well I better stop before i get in trouble
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

SenkoSnack808
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SenkoSnack808 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:28 am

Dont tell me what I've seen bro, not to fight with you but my cottage is near a butcher, and they are personal friedns of ours. I have seen the entire process, form rounding the animals up, killing them, and processing.

Corey

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:51 pm

SS808 are you talking to me????
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Silv3Rz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:43 am

SenkoSnack808 wrote:

Corey
Different processing plants/butchers have different ways, maybe the ones ur FRIEND showed you was more humane, but im pretty sure ive seen some video where a cow/pig was being hung up by its hind leg with its throat slid open... IF that is no suffering to you then i have no more to say.

promax
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by promax » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:02 pm

When we used to have hogs we would shoot um once Then proceed to butcher they would drop just like a well placed shot on a deer at 100 yrds no suffering