Well, I had to show him, 7 pound small mouth

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Well, I had to show him, 7 pound small mouth

Post by GAMEOVER » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:48 pm

I feel ya bud, well Michigan has the Upper Penninsula which is still very nice and has lots of ponds, small lakes, resvoirs, some NEVER fished in that you will stumble upon if you look hard enough. We have a lot of clear water hear but believe or not I do a lot of fishing in darker waters here. Only thing Michigan is lousy for is the weather. We have cold winters and hot/humid summers. Our winters seem to be getting milder every year though for some reason. Thanks for the PM back about the location [-(. Id share mine with anglers as long as their mature and I know their C&R types aka conservationists.

bigfishslanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfishslanger » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:45 pm

I did'nt PM you about where I fish up there..... :^o . In reality the reason why I don't tell anyone is because word gets around fast when fish are caught in the numbers and size that I caught them. Sorry. \:D/

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:27 am

When does SMB season in Michigan open? That might be the reason why all locals were off the water – conservation. I am not familiar with Michigan conservation law, but over here spring is closed for SMB and it is highly illegal to target bedding SMB.
Last spring, I have seen three guys, fishing from shore and pulling a fish just about every 1-2 minutes (and HI5iving, yelling etc.) I wish conservation officer stopped by…

I am not innocent – I did it a couple of times when I was younger – just to see how many I can catch, and I do not even want to mention number or size of fish …the thing is, around here, when you find bedding SMB, it does not matter what lure or line you are using – they hammer absolutely everything that moves in order to protect the nests. I quickly stopped targeting bedding bass because I read the study that indicates significant decrease of successful spawn for disturbed bedding bass…and because it is against law around here and, honestly, it is too easy to catch 100s of SMB during the spring around here…
Last edited by shtuka on Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfishslanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfishslanger » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:23 pm

they were schooling gorging on perch
Last edited by bigfishslanger on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfunk
Angler
Angler

Post by pfunk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:47 am

GAMEOVER wrote:
bigfishslanger wrote:Guys, I had the best fishing day of my life this year in michigan. I had never fished in michigan in my life and never really thought about it until a fellow angler at a local lake told me about a lake in michigan that holds legendary smallmouth (don't ask, not happening). Me and my friend caught and released 60 smallmouth over four pounds in one day :shock: :shock: :shock: . This is not a fish tale. I caught 7 over 5 pounds and 3 over 6 in one day. They were gorging on perch and I used a old bagley's killer b to slam all these fish. I asked my friend if it was possible if we died on our travels here and that we were in fish heaven. No joke. I have never seen anything like that in my life. I didn't think it was possible. I show people and they are speechless. These fish were FAT Here you go...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6 ... csXDRmzYsd

Im from Michigan and I easyly believe that. Oh how I wish you were around on another forum when I talked about one Michigan outing. Michigan has got to be one of the most under estimated Bass holding states in the country. Dont complain more fish for us.
I'm generally not one to stir the pot but while browsing today I saw your post. I'm assuming you meant this post:

Gameover's 10 Fish on 10 Fat Ikas in 2 hours

I think there was plenty of reason for people to question your story there. People asked for pictures, which you said you had, and then you backed out on the whole story. Then you said you had pics again. Then there was the best bait to use in the thick weeds is a crankbait thread you posted. And to finish it all up you suggested .buying waders if you needed them for an outing and then just returning them after you return home. All this not to mention you seem to have more knowledge than 90% of the fishing world but you've only been bass fishing since July '06. As I said, I don't want to stir the pot but don't make the guys over on Bass Resource out to be crazy or something when you brought it all on yourself

bigfishslanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfishslanger » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:07 pm

Ya, gameover really wants to know where I was fishing. I told him no way. I have the pics to back up my story. I will never give out where or how I caught all those smallmouth. People are like a virus, once you tell one, they eventually all know and then your spot or lake is ruined. Even if I did tell anyone where I fished they would never be able to do what I did that weekend. Anyway, these pics are only 1/3 of my pics for that weekend. Enjoy though guys.. my whole point in posting these pics and story is so everyone can believe that one day it will all come together and they will have "Fishing Bliss"! 8-)

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:43 am

Well I had a whole response typed out that was closed out on my comp..

I completely respect your reasonings behind not sharing the location. I myself and many others im sure have places they know about and dont share. I have this honey hole right out my back apartment door, last spring/summer it was completely fished out. I stocked it the rest of the year with LMBass and forage along with two man made structures. Its pretty much my testing ground for new lures, setups, rods, reels, etc. The expierence I had on Lake St.Clair suprised me because it happend to me but at the same time didnt suprise me because I know a lot of people who have the same or better stories coming out of that same place. Lake St. Clair has 4lb Smallie size avg. that was achieved by Michigans DNR taking samples and compiling results. I posted my pictures at my local BPS on their braging board if anyone from Michigan goes there (its the only one in MI). Ill share one spot for you Michigan anglers or people who vaction here and want to fish. Its called the St. Joe river system and Lake Michigan. There have been numerous Smallie stocking projects in these waters that have been going on for years. The next state Smallie record is projected to come out of that area within the next few years. Ill share that one because its already been published in atleast two Bass mags. That 7lb must have gaven you a nice fight, could I ask what bait you were using at the time? 10lb LMBass arent that uncommon here either and linger around usually around larger ponds that are somewhat hidden from the general population. I have yet to land a 10lb'r but everytime I go fishing (on a boat) im praying for that next state record. The expierence I had I was using cranks to locate structure, once located id grab my plastics rod and throw out a Fat Ika in watermellon seed w/ some MegaStrike. Im not sure if the MegaStrike had anything to do with it as this bait has produced a lot for me without using it. Good luck on your future Michigan outings.

PFunk: I been fishing for over 13 years. If your not one to stir the pot then why are you doing it? [-X The thread isnt about me or my expierence/past its about someone elses good day on the water. I did learn never to share an outing unless you have the pictures to show. Which is why I havent shared some of my others. I dont own a digi cam but sometimes take a disposable camera now and get the pictures developed on a CD from now on.

pfunk
Angler
Angler

Post by pfunk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 pm

bigfishslanger wrote:Ya, gameover really wants to know where I was fishing. I told him no way. I have the pics to back up my story. I will never give out where or how I caught all those smallmouth. People are like a virus, once you tell one, they eventually all know and then your spot or lake is ruined. Even if I did tell anyone where I fished they would never be able to do what I did that weekend. Anyway, these pics are only 1/3 of my pics for that weekend. Enjoy though guys.. my whole point in posting these pics and story is so everyone can believe that one day it will all come together and they will have "Fishing Bliss"! 8-)
Sorry I didn't say it before, but awesome fish! Would love to hang into a smallie that size here in VA, or anywhere else for the matter. Congrats again! :D

pfunk
Angler
Angler

Post by pfunk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:54 pm

GAMEOVER wrote: PFunk: I been fishing for over 13 years. If your not one to stir the pot then why are you doing it? [-X The thread isnt about me or my expierence/past its about someone elses good day on the water. I did learn never to share an outing unless you have the pictures to show. Which is why I havent shared some of my others. I dont own a digi cam but sometimes take a disposable camera now and get the pictures developed on a CD from now on.
So you've been fishing for 13 years, but you've became an expert in 6 months? Just back in July on Bassresource you were asking for pointers on how to use a torpedo. You then stated you were moving on to crankbaits to "brodden my skills" as you said. This was on July 21st. You asked if a buzzbait was supposed to float or sink. You told someone to fish a crankbait in thick weeds. The list goes on an on. I'm sorry but each time you post, it's like you are an expert on each lure type, each rod, and each reel but in reality, I'm pretty sure you are just taking info off of the web or what you've read and suggesting it to people to make yourself look better. But again I could be wrong.

10 fish on 10 fat ikas in an hour and a half was your story. No one gave you a hard time about it until you said you had pics, then you backed out of the whole story and said you lied. Then you changed your story again and said you had pics. People gave you a chance but you chose not to apologize or provide proof. So there you lost your credibility with a lot of the anglers on that board. Then last but not least was the "return your waders after you use them each trip" thread. Don't blame others for questioning your posts when you give them reason to. That is my entire reason for "stirring the pot".

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:39 pm

No matter how much you learn about one bait theres always more to learn. Just because theres ways to fish certain baits that are written in stone doesnt mean those are the only ways to fish those baits. The most recent bait ive been hooked on is crankbaits. Ive been using plastic worms through out my whole time fishing. I guess if I ask a question on how to fish them effectively wacky style that makes me new to them and know nothing about them. The buzzbait question was pertaining to a Booyah buzz I had that I could not get to surface. I dont even know why im explaining myself to you :? If all you want to do is join a forum, spam a thread, and start a fight dont even bother posting. I said I lied to end the drama and try and make everyone shut up. If it makes you shut up if I said I lied then fine I lied. Its a memory I have that you seem facinated with. Spend more time fishing and less time talking (trash). Theres endless ways to fish endless baits just because someone asks a question about a bait doesnt mean they have no clue how to use it. Im guessing your from BR and just came here to start trash. If your not then you wont spam anymore. BTW, no one even questioned my posts on here. I havent claimed anything here. I didnt post pics on the other forum when I had them because everyone started acting like idiot 12 year olds. BTW, I did send the pics to some friends on there via PM. If your from Michigan and go to BPS you can check them out next time your there otherwise do yourself a favor and mind your own business. I cant believe your going as far to follow me to another forum to stir the pot. Fishing relaxs me and is my outlet from the rest of the world. I come here to help others and forever keep on learning more and more things. Stop worrying about me so much and worry about yourself. If you dont like what I say then 1) dont read it 2) dont spam a thread about it 3) PM me and we can talk about it in a mature manner without ruining a good thread. If you continue to spam this thread your just proving exactly what I mean. With all that said.. im done talking about it or spamming this thread.:-({|=

bigfishslanger: Excellent catch.. if you can catch fish like that in Michigan you can catch them anywhere. Sorry for the spam.

pfunk
Angler
Angler

Post by pfunk » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:39 pm

PM sent. Easy enough.

Just in case you forgot as well about topwater spinners. Guess you just needed to learn a new technique.

I'm not trying to spam and I'm certainly not here because of you. I just saw your post about "the other message board" and thought I'd bring it to your attention that you brought that on yourself.

And again to quote you from the link above:

"Ive never fished spinner type baits or crank baits before do fish actually ravage em when your reelin in full throtle?"

So want to tell me again that you are just looking for new techniques? Never fishing something and a new technique are totally different. Again you are an expert in all aspects of fishing in 6 months, congrats. I just hope everybody who reads your posts take them for what they are worth.

I'm done.

bigfishslanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfishslanger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:48 pm

Why don't you two
Last edited by bigfishslanger on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Smallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Doc Smallie » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:18 am

Holy smokes dude, nice smallies!

SenkoSnack808
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SenkoSnack808 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:53 pm

I will never understand why people fight on fishing site. [-( I go to Bass Pro all the time which picture is it?

By the way BigFish, where abouts do you fish in michigan besides that place? Ever fished Mullet lake?

Get real guy's, Corey

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:38 pm

Michigan guys, what are the SMB regulations over there? Is season closed at any time?