Wanting to customize Tat SV

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Wanting to customize Tat SV

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Rather than buy another reel I am going to add some custom colors just for the fun of it. Knobs, cap, screws, drag star, etc.

Anyone ever done this with a Tat and found all of the necessary parts on 1 website? I have found various parts but do not really which to order from 3-4 different companies.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Wanting to customize Tat SV

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:38 pm

ebay. :lol: I got a gold drag star and silver SLP knobs off ebay. Found a carbon fiber handle off here actually. Most stuff you can find all at Hedgehog Studio if you want.
<")))><{

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Agree with LMG, Hedgehog normally has the best selection of bling/jewelry for reels.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks guys I was just not looking in the right place! I am going to have the ugliest Tat sv on the river.
Good thing i fish solo.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Akira at HHS and the awesome Sonoda brothers Jun and Kayo at JT can get you squared away :big grin:

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Agree with the suggestions about Hedgehog studios.....they even have the zpi spools for the sv and I have a 8.1 decked out in purple and a 7.1 decked out in red both with zpi spools.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:48 pm

I was going to go pink which would have been pretty darn ugly but since it already has some purple I am going to go that route. Never thought I would spend a penny on making my gear look purty...........

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:45 am

Just be aware that the hedgehog and zpi purple is a shade different than daiwa purple on the tat already. If the two colors aren't right against one another it's not as noticeable but if side by side it is very noticeable. For that reason I just did the screws and levelwind cap to go along with the zpi spool on that reel

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:23 pm

daiwafan wrote:Just be aware that the hedgehog and zpi purple is a shade different than daiwa purple on the tat already. If the two colors aren't right against one another it's not as noticeable but if side by side it is very noticeable. For that reason I just did the screws and levelwind cap to go along with the zpi spool on that reel
Thanks for that info! Maybe i will hold off on the drag star and i see no reason to change the spool only for color as the stock sv works beautifully for my application.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:06 am

You could sell it and buy a Rhodium.
This is the way.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Well I ordered parts from HH and installed most- of course the clip for the shaft went flying into outer space so I need to find another.
Ordered the royal purple and it does not match the factory parts with the exception of the drag star..........
Attachments
thumbnail (13).jpg
thumbnail (13).jpg (110.77 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg (66.97 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
thumbnail (11).jpg
thumbnail (11).jpg (83.13 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg (105.29 KiB) Viewed 6351 times

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:01 pm

That Daiwa purple is a weird shade. Only Daiwa SLP color parts seem to match it. The purple on the Hyuga rods is a dead match though. I have my tat SV on a Hyuga 72H and it looks like it was made for it. Same with my SS SV105.