Returning JDM Issues

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Returning JDM Issues

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:36 pm

Got a potentially defective reel from Japan, seller said all good, and said send it back on their account number, Wal-Greens Fedex department said I needed a QR code. So after about 4 messages I got a QR code and now they say it won't scan. No idea what to do at this point, my JDM retailer has been very friendly and I feel bad for hassling them. Thinking of trying to send it again Monday then contacting again after that. The lady at the store said their system was acting up and another QR code wouldn't accept either, and it was only traveling the US.

a1712
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Returning JDM Issues

Post by a1712 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:44 pm

You're not hassling anyone, you received a defective product and you're trying to return it. Try again Monday. Brian.
Are you fishing or aimlessly casting around?

Nektarios
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Nektarios » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:36 am

a1712 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:44 pm
You're not hassling anyone, you received a defective product and you're trying to return it. Try again Monday. Brian.
If they are being friendly I do not believe they feel harassed either. Good luck with getting some resolution.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am

Still no resolution ya'll. I have been to Walgreens like 4 times. They either say the QR code is invalid or they don't know how to ship or get a label with an account number. Gonna call before driving there today, still hoping for resolution.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am
Still no resolution ya'll. I have been to Walgreens like 4 times. They either say the QR code is invalid or they don't know how to ship or get a label with an account number. Gonna call before driving there today, still hoping for resolution.
Is this the Stradic that you had issues with on an earlier post or is this another defective purchase?

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:22 pm

First time I'm hearing about JDM retailer who's willing to provide a return shipping label (or equivalent offer in this case). Would you mind sharing their name? Sounds like someone I'd like to do business with.
On a related note, they may be able to simply reimburse you for the return shipping, as many others do, though this route will likely cost them more as you won't get the benefit of special shipping rates they all enjoy. Last time I was asked to return the product by DHL to Japan and I felt bad having the seller reimburse over a hundred dollars to ship a small box, but they insisted.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:30 pm

ras wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:22 pm
First time I'm hearing about JDM retailer who's willing to provide a return shipping label (or equivalent offer in this case). Would you mind sharing their name? Sounds like someone I'd like to do business with.
On a related note, they may be able to simply reimburse you for the return shipping, as many others do, though this route will likely cost them more as you won't get the benefit of special shipping rates they all enjoy. Last time I was asked to return the product by DHL to Japan and I felt bad having the seller reimburse over a hundred dollars to ship a small box, but they insisted.
I had a "near" issue with DHL but the actions they took dropped it from a CONDITION RED to squared away.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 am
Is this the Stradic that you had issues with on an earlier post or is this another defective purchase?
Same purchase, they got me right this time and sent a PDF with a label.
ras wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:22 pm
It is Digitaka, but JapanLureShop did the same (sent me wrong model), and they all should help.