Gan Craft White Noise

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Gan Craft White Noise

Post by jmb27 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:37 am

I am aware of a recent limited White Noise rod that I believe is a limited edition of the Dead Sword (or at least the rod ratings are similar).

What is the difference between the limited White Noise model and the "regular" Dead Sword? Different blank materials/guides/etc?

Also, I am aware of an older White Noise model(s).

Any info is appreciated as there is scant info on the White Noise models in my searches.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gan Craft White Noise

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:45 am

Only differences I could discern upon initial investigation when the rod was announced was the color scheme/cosmetics... I'd hope there are other differences that I missed, but when I saw the $800 price tag, I stopped investigating ;) - and I like the Dead Sword series.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:55 am

Thank you for the reply.

I read your review and it looks like a rod that I want to check out and maybe compare to P5 Tequila Baccarat--for an all purpose rod for up to medium sized swimbaits. Then again, I have a Super Red Demon that I really like, so I probably "don't need" either rod.

But yeah, for the price tag, I would want more than a different cosmetic scheme. Safe to assume (?) that the older White Noise models are a similar treatment then-- a cosmetic difference, but nothing in the materials that would suggest a performance upgrade.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:55 am
Then again, I have a Super Red Demon that I really like, so I probably "don't need" either rod.
The 7' or 7'-1" whichever it is Dead Sword is going to be pretty on par with the Tequila Baccarac... Either is actually better suited than the Super Red Demon only because I find the handle on the Super Red Demon too short for big baits. It's configured as more of a flipping / punching / pitching stick only due to that shorter handle.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"