DRT rods, tho

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: DRT rods, tho

Post by BASSLAYER » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:29 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:22 am
The same could be said for their swimbaits. I had a couple variations and never caught a single fish on either of them. On the upside, I was able to sell them for a profit.
Their products are legit not hype, dedicate a whole season/year to fishing the TK and learn to fish it. Bruh...

On another note I too lusted over their rods =P~ =P~ =P~ (side note: they answered all my questions regarding their products)

Everyone wants in on the swimbait clique.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:48 pm

BASSLAYER wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:29 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
The same could be said for their swimbaits. I had a couple variations and never caught a single fish on either of them. On the upside, I was able to sell them for a profit.
Their products are legit not hype, dedicate a whole season/year to fishing the TK and learn to fish it. Bruh...

On another note I too lusted over their rods =P~ =P~ =P~ (side note: they answered all my questions regarding their products)

I discipled myself with the videos, even the ones in Japanese with no subtitles. On half a dozen occasions, I even left everything except the Klash and Tiny Klash at home and fished both for 10+ hours, and never even had a follow. I've caught lots of fish on many different swimbaits, but those just didn't get bit, not even once. I wanted to like them, but sold them off after a full 9 month season of nothing.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:21 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:48 pm
BASSLAYER wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:

I discipled myself with the videos, even the ones in Japanese with no subtitles. On half a dozen occasions, I even left everything except the Klash and Tiny Klash at home and fished both for 10+ hours, and never even had a follow. I've caught lots of fish on many different swimbaits, but those just didn't get bit, not even once. I wanted to like them, but sold them off after a full 9 month season of nothing.
How was the paint job after 9 months of use? I hear they chip like a dollar store hardbait.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:01 am

SSS wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:21 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:48 pm
BASSLAYER wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:

How was the paint job after 9 months of use? I hear they chip like a dollar store hardbait.
The paint was good, but there was a few very slight hook marks. I never hit any objects, and not so much as a sniff from a ffish.i kept hook bonnets on them and in a felt lined case when not in use. I saw that on one of the Japanese videos, so I followed suit.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:58 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:01 am
not so much as a sniff from a ffish.
Curious, how are you fishing the TK?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:28 pm

reason162 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:58 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:01 am
not so much as a sniff from a ffish.
Curious, how are you fishing the TK?
Long sweep and long pause to let it drift down, fast jerk, jerk, pause like a jerkbait, slow, steady retrieve with tip up and tip down, slow steady sweeps to give it a wide S pattern. You name it, I tried it. Nada.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:31 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:28 pm
Long sweep and long pause to let it drift down, fast jerk, jerk, pause like a jerkbait, slow, steady retrieve with tip up and tip down, slow steady sweeps to give it a wide S pattern. You name it, I tried it. Nada.
The only 2 ways I fish my TK is dead walking with the short lip + V tail, and deep walking with the wide lip + V tail. It's quarter turns of the reel handle on a Zillion 7:1, barely tapping the bait to make it turn in place. Anything else there are better baits that do the job imo.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 am

reason162 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:31 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:28 pm
The only 2 ways I fish my TK is dead walking with the short lip + V tail, and deep walking with the wide lip + V tail. It's quarter turns of the reel handle on a Zillion 7:1, barely tapping the bait to make it turn in place. Anything else there are better baits that do the job imo.
I never changed either bait from the way it came, short lip and v-tail. I don't usually fish a swimbait deep, since most of the places I fish aren't over 12' depth.