Shimano Cardiff NX rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
boatinpete
Angler
Angler

Shimano Cardiff NX rods

Post by boatinpete » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:38 am

looking to purchase this rod in 4"8" 4 piece, is it worth to spend 250 on this rod and for this price where is it made, thanks.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Shimano Cardiff NX rods

Post by John G » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:27 am

I would imagine that it's made in China and while that's not very patriotic and all that stuff, the Expride is also made in China and they are very fine rods. In regards to the Cardiff NX, I would think that it's worth that price. I have owned two different model Shimano trout rods that were a little bit on the longer side and they were very whippy and I didn't like them but they were definitely worth the money. You could ask this very same question in the ultralight and the BFS section and I'll bet some guys there could give you maybe some better options for the same or less money.

boatinpete
Angler
Angler

Post by boatinpete » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:36 pm

Didn't know there was a BFS forum.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Shimano Trout One NS has been a nice feeling rod for me. It's is around $150 from Digitaka. Many people say the Trout One series isn't too far behind the other lines at much lower price. I haven't used higher end Shimano trout rods so, I can't say that with first hand knowledge.

I have the 47L if that makes a difference. The tip is pretty light (in a good way) and blend pretty well into a nice backbone. Versatile rod for sure.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:43 am

boatinpete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:36 pm
Didn't know there was a BFS forum.
Just go down the page a little bit to the Fishing and Techniques Section.