ZPI Z-Pride vs magnetic tuned Metanium 20 or Steez

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
kgasuns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ZPI Z-Pride vs magnetic tuned Metanium 20 or Steez

Post by kgasuns » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 pm

ZPI Z-Pride for me is a benchmark of casting ease. Just that special feeling.
On the other hand, I cannot grow entirely affectionate about a reel considerably less smooth than Antares 12. Another benchmark.

ZPI was so kind as to go out of high-end tuning business just after releasing Z-Pride 17. So no more Z-Pride 21.
But in the meantime Shimano have finally downgraded microgears to Metanium. And there are spool + magnetic brake tunes available for it too.

So has anyone tried both Z-Pride and magnetic-tuned Metanium 20?
How does the casting feel compare?

And maybe some later Daiwa Steez feels more solid and smooth too? Have noticed some kind words regarding 21 Steez Limited SV TW 1000HL.

Thanks!
If you can't resist buying tackle, stop resisting.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ZPI Z-Pride vs magnetic tuned Metanium 20 or Steez

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:53 pm

kgasuns wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 pm
ZPI Z-Pride for me is a benchmark of casting ease. Just that special feeling.
On the other hand, I cannot grow entirely affectionate about a reel considerably less smooth than Antares 12. Another benchmark.

ZPI was so kind as to go out of high-end tuning business just after releasing Z-Pride 17. So no more Z-Pride 21.
But in the meantime Shimano have finally downgraded microgears to Metanium. And there are spool + magnetic brake tunes available for it too.

So has anyone tried both Z-Pride and magnetic-tuned Metanium 20?
How does the casting feel compare?

And maybe some later Daiwa Steez feels more solid and smooth too? Have noticed some kind words regarding 21 Steez Limited SV TW 1000HL.

Thanks!
I won’t presume to speak for ZPI BUT they are beginning to release information on their NEW projects.

Instagram, Facebook, possibly others

kgasuns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by kgasuns » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:10 am

They seem to be somewhat alive - in regards to tuning. Have noticed handles.
But it is certainly far from their previous presence in the field. So let us see.
If you can't resist buying tackle, stop resisting.

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:55 pm

I have the Steez Limited reels and the ZPI Z Prides and they are neck and neck to me. I switched to all Daiwa so I have 4-5 ZPI Z prides and 2-3 Torque Styles collecting dust now. Both are amazing performers but the Steez when it comes to refinement and overall control feels better in my hand. I switched to all Daiwa because of it. Feels good to be on the dark side