Best EG Spinerbait Rod

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Best EG Spinerbait Rod

Post by Fran87 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:55 pm

Hello friends,

I'm looking for the best Spinerbaits rods from Evergreen.

I've looked for information about Synergy CSYC 70M+ The " Multi Roller " without succsses.

According to some specs this rod was designed for 1/2 D-zone and topwater game it seems to be perfect if it wasn't for the heavy rod weight 172gr :roll:

On the other side there is the new Inspirare RS IRSC 70 MF SXF " Cougar Elite 7RS " which seems to be perfect for 1/2 spiners and chatterbaits. However there are some videos fishing this rod on youtube and it seems to be veru soft for this kind of application.

Could anyone guide to me ?

Thanks in advance

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Best EG Spinerbait Rod

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:48 pm

You might take a look at the dire wolf wild 7. For my liking, the cougar elite is more of a square bill/treble hook rod. Dire wolf has more beef to it.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:16 pm

Have a Cougar and while you can throw a spinner, It’s definitely more of a treble hook rod. Just to add more support to the previous comment there.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:30 pm

Can also take a look at the RS Stallion Limited, it would fit in between the Cougar and Dire Wolf.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:06 pm

My apologies for coming to this thread a bit late, but the smallmouth bass fishing over the last two weeks has absolutely been on fire due to the exquisite late fall weather we are experiencing in NW Wisconsin, and I have been fortunate enough to be out almost everyday fishing for smallmouth bass and enjoying this great weather!

I own all three EG Kaleido Inspirare rods mentioned in this thread and with my limited use of the Couger Elite 7 and Dire Wolf Wild 7 over the course of the last two months along with my long-time use of the Stallion Limited RS, here are some thoughts as far as the types of lures and techniques that I have had success on each rod.

Couger Elite 7 RS: Simply the best 1/2oz deep suspending jerkbait rod in existence! I handles my Megabass Live-X Revenge, Live-X Leviathans, and Jackall Rerange 110 MR jerkbaits better than any other rod I own including a bevy of custom rods built on St. Croix Legend Elite and Extreme blanks. Fantastic casting performance with plenty of give for working these deep suspending jerkbaits combined with high levels of sensitivity to detect when a blade of eel grass is stuck on my FG leader knot! Lastly, this rod has the power needed to drive home hooks into tough smallmouth bass jaws and yet has plenty of give to keep the big girls pinned during the fight. I have yet to catch a smallmouth bass over 20" on this rod, but conversely, I have yet to lose any fish that I have hooked up with over the 8 weeks I have owned and fished this rod too.

Stallion Limited RS: Ever since my very first EG Crossfire TXFC-68MH Stallion casting rod, this series of EG rods have been the mainstay of my "do everything" rod arsenal. The Stallion Limited RS just exemplifies this trend, on a riverine flowage with large shad in it, I have it rigged up with a Keitech 4.8 on a 6/0 Owner Beast Hook, and when on the upper reaches of the east side Chequamegon Bay river sloughs, I have a 5/8oz Megabass SV-3 Slow Roll spinnerbait on this rod fishing for cruising smallmouth bass and big northern pike. The Stallion Limited RS truly can do it all!

Dire Wolf Wild 7 RS: This rod has in a short amount of time overtaken my preferred 1/2-3/4oz spinnerbait and chatterbait rod: the Megabass Valkyrie 71MH as the very best "blade bait" presentation rod I own and use every time I am on the water. It has no peers from both a casting and sensitivity of feel while working these lures over eel grass beds on the flowages I fish and has the power necessary to extract big largemouth bass from deep weed beds where I find them in our natural lakes around NW Wisconsin. While the Stallion Limited RS is still my favorite "do-it all" rod, the Dire Wolf Wild 7 is the rod of choice when it's time to use the spinnerbait or chatterbait to elicit strikes from fish hiding within weed clumps and flats and later in the season, it has plenty of power to present the heavy 1-1/4oz Jackhammer with a 5.5" Hog Farmer Spunk Shad trailer for big largemouth bass and northern pike.

If you are seeking the very best spinnerbait and chatterbait rod in the EG Kaleido Inspirare model line, I highly recommend the Dire Wolf Wild 7 RS!

Good luck with your rod search!

Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:23 pm

You could also consider the Orion Moongazer

Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fran87 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:27 am

First of all, thank you all for yours replys about EG rods.

In reality I was looking for some hybrid (carbon & fiber glass) rod for chatterbaits using but it seems to be difficult nowadays in EG models.

I've already own a Stallion RS which is the rod that I'm using along with the EG the Serval MH-Glass rod (which is too heavy almost 190gr)

Regarding to weight is in the matter what Evergreen is getting me upset nowadays. They put on the market more and more heavy rods although the rest of companies are working in fact in the weight, reducing as much as possible it.
I know that EG rods are perfectly balanced in hand but at the end of the day the weight it’s there.

According to Dire Wolf model I've watched several videos on YouTube where is possible to see the differences from RS and GT model. I have to be honest, I like the more the rod RS with cork but according to the explanations on the videos, GT model seems to work better in the middle of range weight of the blank whereas RS model works better with heavier lures.
In addition, the forearm is shorter and the rod tends to flex a little bit more which is a better in terms of accuracy.

Taking into account that I'm going to throw 3/8 - 1/2 oz. chatterbaits I think GT model will fit better my expectations...

By the other hand, Although all people here is saying that Cougar Elite 7 RS is more suitable for crankbaits, which I agree I also believe that this rod could be a very suitable rod with 3/8 chatterbaits. It has a slow tip what is nice with chatterbaits but also it has a lot of power in the rest of the blank.

let me know what do you think folks.
Regards

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:21 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:06 pm
My apologies for coming to this thread a bit late, but the smallmouth bass fishing over the last two weeks has absolutely been on fire due to the exquisite late fall weather we are experiencing in NW Wisconsin, and I have been fortunate enough to be out almost everyday fishing for smallmouth bass and enjoying this great weather!

I own all three EG Kaleido Inspirare rods mentioned in this thread and with my limited use of the Couger Elite 7 and Dire Wolf Wild 7 over the course of the last two months along with my long-time use of the Stallion Limited RS, here are some thoughts as far as the types of lures and techniques that I have had success on each rod.

Couger Elite 7 RS: Simply the best 1/2oz deep suspending jerkbait rod in existence! I handles my Megabass Live-X Revenge, Live-X Leviathans, and Jackall Rerange 110 MR jerkbaits better than any other rod I own including a bevy of custom rods built on St. Croix Legend Elite and Extreme blanks. Fantastic casting performance with plenty of give for working these deep suspending jerkbaits combined with high levels of sensitivity to detect when a blade of eel grass is stuck on my FG leader knot! Lastly, this rod has the power needed to drive home hooks into tough smallmouth bass jaws and yet has plenty of give to keep the big girls pinned during the fight. I have yet to catch a smallmouth bass over 20" on this rod, but conversely, I have yet to lose any fish that I have hooked up with over the 8 weeks I have owned and fished this rod too.

Stallion Limited RS: Ever since my very first EG Crossfire TXFC-68MH Stallion casting rod, this series of EG rods have been the mainstay of my "do everything" rod arsenal. The Stallion Limited RS just exemplifies this trend, on a riverine flowage with large shad in it, I have it rigged up with a Keitech 4.8 on a 6/0 Owner Beast Hook, and when on the upper reaches of the east side Chequamegon Bay river sloughs, I have a 5/8oz Megabass SV-3 Slow Roll spinnerbait on this rod fishing for cruising smallmouth bass and big northern pike. The Stallion Limited RS truly can do it all!

Dire Wolf Wild 7 RS: This rod has in a short amount of time overtaken my preferred 1/2-3/4oz spinnerbait and chatterbait rod: the Megabass Valkyrie 71MH as the very best "blade bait" presentation rod I own and use every time I am on the water. It has no peers from both a casting and sensitivity of feel while working these lures over eel grass beds on the flowages I fish and has the power necessary to extract big largemouth bass from deep weed beds where I find them in our natural lakes around NW Wisconsin. While the Stallion Limited RS is still my favorite "do-it all" rod, the Dire Wolf Wild 7 is the rod of choice when it's time to use the spinnerbait or chatterbait to elicit strikes from fish hiding within weed clumps and flats and later in the season, it has plenty of power to present the heavy 1-1/4oz Jackhammer with a 5.5" Hog Farmer Spunk Shad trailer for big largemouth bass and northern pike.

If you are seeking the very best spinnerbait and chatterbait rod in the EG Kaleido Inspirare model line, I highly recommend the Dire Wolf Wild 7 RS!

Please have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback
I ordered the dire wolf RS and the cougar elite rs
i was going to go with a gan craft Junk rod and after speaking on the phone with a member here I just opted not to.
I hope both rods come in soon as I was going to wait for a NRX CRR but I just said i'd gamble on the Evergreens since I was relatively familiar with them and I love the rod blanks. Thanks to all that help me and Thanks for always answering my text messages with my crazy schedule..
I guess i need to get rid of some stuff as I have been giving things away to father son teams learning to fish.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:32 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:21 pm
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback
i was going to go with a gan craft Junk rod and after speaking on the phone with a member here I just opted not to.
I hope both rods come in soon as I was going to wait for a NRX CRR but I just said i'd gamble on the Evergreens since I was relatively familiar with them and I love the rod blanks. Thanks to all that help me and Thanks for always answering my text messages with my crazy schedule..
I guess i need to get rid of some stuff as I have been giving things away to father son teams learning to fish.
You rock Bro!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:22 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:32 pm
goldrod wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback
You rock Bro!
I’m growing but before these rods come in I’d better get my see through apron and do some culinary arts for the wife for dinner 😂.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:35 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:22 pm
dragon1 wrote:
goldrod wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback
You rock Bro!
I’m growing but before these rods come in I’d better get my see through apron and do some culinary arts for the wife for dinner 😂.
Wise man... 8-)
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:46 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:35 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:22 pm
dragon1 wrote:
goldrod wrote:
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback
You rock Bro!
Wise man... 8-)
Indeed! Happy wife, happy life! :big grin:

I'm glad you went with the EG rods! I'm certain you will like them for fishing in your neck of the woods. Unfortunately, the superb fall weather has finally ended up here in the North Woods, and I had to pull the plug on smallmouth bass fishing for the season and put my bass boats to sleep to await the eternal promise of a new fishing season and endure an even longer winter of watching YT fishing videos! :lol:

Please catch some fish for us "hard water" bound anglers with your new EG "uber" rods! =D>

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:21 am

City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!
How long is the handle on the Couger Elite 7 RS? Would it make a great rod for fishing say Megabass deep x 100 and 200?

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:35 am

fishonsc wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:21 am
City17Banner wrote:

Please have a great day!
How long is the handle on the Couger Elite 7 RS? Would it make a great rod for fishing say Megabass deep x 100 and 200?
First and foremost, you have excellent taste in "silent" crankbaits, the Megabass Deep-X 100 & 200 are my two favorite open water crankbaits for fishing during the warm water periods of the season in NW Wisconsin.

The overall length of the handle for the EG Couger Elite 7 RS from the top of the foregrip to the butt is 14.5" and the portion from the trigger to the butt is 10.6". My take on the rod for presenting these exceptional crankbaits is that it would be a great choice if you prefer a graphite casting rod for this purpose. The EG Couger Elite 7 RS exhibits fantastic sensitivity, castability, and enough power to hook fish while possessing sufficient give to keep them pinned during the fight. The only other "pure" graphite casting rod I own that even comes close to the EG Couger Elite 7RS is the new Daiwa Steez 22 SC C69M+ Fire Wolf which has similar capabilities but a bit less power and sensitivity in comparison.

If on the other hand, you prefer the buttery smoothness of an S-Glass casting rod for casting and presenting these crankbait gems, I can highly recommend the Sedition SDC-700M-FTW White Falcon! It's such a fantastic crankbait rod that exemplifies the smoothness of casting with a fiberglass rod along with the seemingly impossible ability to easily wear out trophy smallmouth bass effortlessly.

In the end all, three rods are true crankbait fishing machines and personal preference is more of a factor than anything else at this level of technical sophistication from some of the top enthusiast rod manufacturers in Japan.

Good luck on your rod search!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:58 am

Good luck finding a white falcon I can’t even find a pigeon