ZPI back to making spools?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ZPI back to making spools?

Post by Mike son » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:59 am

Saw this on Instagram. Looks like a new 34mm spool

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcIP9-hPWX5/

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: ZPI back to making spools?

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:43 am

Would be absolutely awesome with them back in the spool game... fingers crossed.

Thanks for the post =D>

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:19 am

That sure is what it looks like.

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:43 am

I sure hope so... that spool looks great! Definitely would be getting it

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm

Their rods and especially reels must've tanked HARD. They should just stop playing games and go back at doing what they were known for.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:51 pm

SSS wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm
Their rods and especially reels must've tanked HARD. They should just stop playing games and go back at doing what they were known for.
I think they're pretty popular, just not in the West. I absolutely welcome some new Daiwa spools. Hurry up already!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:51 pm
SSS wrote:
I think they're pretty popular, just not in the West. I absolutely welcome some new Daiwa spools. Hurry up already!
I’m not sure I understand the full story. But, the short of it is that someone who had been associated with ZPI began making and selling handles and knobs recently under the name Revive, but without the blessing of ZPI. These are clearly ZPI designs and made with the same machining it appears and even supposedly come in the same packaging, but again all under the name ‘Revive’. You can find them on hedgehog. I wonder if this helped cause the ZPI guys to finally say eff it, we better get back to old business or someone else will.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:
I’m not sure I understand the full story. But, the short of it is that someone who had been associated with ZPI began making and selling handles and knobs recently under the name Revive, but without the blessing of ZPI. These are clearly ZPI designs and made with the same machining it appears and even supposedly come in the same packaging, but again all under the name ‘Revive’. You can find them on hedgehog. I wonder if this helped cause the ZPI guys to finally say eff it, we better get back to old business or someone else will.
Good to see that a "stupid decision" didn't last too long.

Would love to see some more 36 and perhaps a 38 mm/Z spool option
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:14 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:
Possibly. I have seen those Revive handles. Definitely ZPI influenced.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:10 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:14 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:
I’m pretty confident in the basics of the story. RISE was the source and he seems fairly well connected.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:10 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:14 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:
I’m pretty confident in the basics of the story. RISE was the source and he seems fairly well connected.
If anyone is in the know, it's definitely Greg.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:09 pm

If ZPI goes back at making handles, i hope they come up with a new design. Their straight carbon handles look like they're from 2005 and i hate how the edges are always sharp. Even $15 carbon handles from ali have em rounded.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:09 am

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 pm

They released a statement yesterday saying they are done producing reels and moving back to strictly tuning parts. Saw it on their Instagram page. From ZPI JAPAN facebook page
Thank you for the five years.
Office ZPI Co., Ltd. will end its challenge as a comprehensive fishing tackle manufacturer.
With the end of the challenge, we will discontinue the production of Alcance Reel, which has been a symbol of comprehensive fishing gear. The detailed contents are displayed in the attached image, so we would appreciate it if you could refer to it.
In the future, we will return to the starting point of our founding and work with all our hearts to commercialize custom tuning parts that will please everyone under the "pursuit of comfortable performance". Thank you for your continued patronage.
                        ZPI 加藤強

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:16 pm

Mike son wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 pm
They released a statement yesterday saying they are done producing reels and moving back to strictly tuning parts. Saw it on their Instagram page. From ZPI JAPAN facebook page
There's only a certain amount of time you can loose money hand over foot.