Megabass 2022 USDM P5 models ?!?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass 2022 P5 models ?!?

Post by Tigerbass » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:28 pm

jmb27 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:29 am
goldrod wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:05 pm
jmb27 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:21 am
Any more details on these? @Bronzefly

Saw a quick vid and late '22 release. Real excited as I'm quite enjoying the current P5 rods. =D>
Which one you fancy?
A Daemos and the Mark56 caught my eye. If I didn’t already have two One Ten Sticks….

I like the handle design and have really enjoyed the P5 rods that I have.
Yeah, I have no problem with the handle design…..really like the minimalist design. And I find the Windbuster to fit my hand comfortably, although I know not everyone does.

Hunterbull
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Megabass 2022 USDM P5 models ?!?

Post by Hunterbull » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:22 pm

Anyone at the classic get to mess around with the FMJ? It has really caught my eye, but I’m worried I would just be almost a duplicate of my Steez Power Pitch. Is it anything like the NRX 873?

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass 2022 P5 models ?!?

Post by jmb27 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:08 am

Tigerbass wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:28 pm

Yeah, I have no problem with the handle design…..really like the minimalist design. And I find the Windbuster to fit my hand comfortably, although I know not everyone does.
Me too. I also get that if someone doesn't like it, then find another rod when you are spending $450+ on a rod. ;) But, I like the grips and they are comfortable for me.

The Windbuster looks interesting. I've been using the Daiwa The One as my do everything spinning rod. How do you like the Windbuster?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:14 am

Megabass was set up with The Tackle Trap at the Bassmaster Classic and had most of the new models there. It was so busy that I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around with them, but I did examine them a bit :lol: I'm looking forward to fishing some of these for sure!

I'm not sure what the rumors are out there about the actual release date, I've heard about incorrect information being posted, so any thought of a summer 2022 release needs to end. These rods will not be available to consumers until November/December time frame if everything goes well.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:12 am

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:14 am
Megabass was set up with The Tackle Trap at the Bassmaster Classic and had most of the new models there. It was so busy that I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around with them, but I did examine them a bit :lol: I'm looking forward to fishing some of these for sure!

I'm not sure what the rumors are out there about the actual release date, I've heard about incorrect information being posted, so any thought of a summer 2022 release needs to end. These rods will not be available to consumers until November/December time frame if everything goes well.
Bronze, you guys have an estimated time when you would expect to start taking preorders?

Pretty sure there are 4 models I'm looking at picking up when they release... cause who doesn't need at least 8 P5s right?.... right?

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:16 am

I’m also hoping my Windbuster is on its way back from the Classic with you guys too, lol

Edit: well nvm then, I guess I have a tracking number now… let’s go!
Guess I need to order that JDM Exsense now...

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:00 am

Dan B wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:12 am
Bronze, you guys have an estimated time when you would expect to start taking preorders?

Pretty sure there are 4 models I'm looking at picking up when they release... cause who doesn't need at least 8 P5s right?.... right?
Pre-orders will be taken once we get a much more clear picture of when they are actually going to arrive. Given current events and supply chain issues, we'd rather be on the safe side. Presently, I think this fall sometime pre-orders will open up. Announcements will be made here and on Tackle Trap social media accounts of course.
Dan B wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:16 am
I’m also hoping my Windbuster is on its way back from the Classic with you guys too, lol

Edit: well nvm then, I guess I have a tracking number now… let’s go!
Guess I need to order that JDM Exsense now...
Yes sir, your Windbuster shipped today, Thank you!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:47 pm

That FMJ & BMG calling my name

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:49 pm

i love my flyssa, and always wanted a second, hope that they do actually come out with it next year! i have a baby plugging, and like it too, but its not a flyssa! might have to look into the addermine as well! i wish they would come out with something like the X7 Powerhouse, i always wanted that rod, but was too late to the party!

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:30 pm

Canga- wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:49 pm
i love my flyssa, and always wanted a second, hope that they do actually come out with it next year! i have a baby plugging, and like it too, but its not a flyssa! might have to look into the addermine as well! i wish they would come out with something like the X7 Powerhouse, i always wanted that rod, but was too late to the party!
Just saw that X7 in the For Sale forum.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:30 pm
Canga- wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:49 pm
Just saw that X7 in the For Sale forum.
saw it too late and it sold, thats ok i dont have the funds for it at the moment. thanks for the heads up! also a p5 powerhouse would be awesome!