Steez Racing Design RIP?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez Racing Design RIP?

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:24 pm

Schlag wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:56 am
Tigerbass wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:40 am
Did someone here get that last 610ML+ from JDM Tackle Heaven a couple of days ago?? They are now sold out. I had my eye on it but couldn’t pull the trigger…... :-k
I'm sorry to hear that Pat. Their Steez RD inventory probably sold quickly, after the news of this series being discontinued.

They cancelled my order for that other rod I wanted.
Dang Kurt, that stinks. Seems as if a lot of JDM stuff, and American as well, is in short supply with all of the manufacturing issues.

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 pm

How is guide alignment for $700?

You guys are nuts, a cheap one costs $685 before shipping with no US warranty ... If they where offered and supported under US warranty I'd think about getting one. I just picked up a Steez Universal light the guides where off. I get a replacement and this one a little off, its all overpriced garbage. Serious starting to think I'm better off with the $140 garbage.

NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NOLRAMB » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:25 am

nfnband wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 pm

You guys are nuts, a cheap one costs $685 before shipping with no US warranty ... If they where offered and supported under US warranty I'd think about getting one. I just picked up a Steez Universal light the guides where off. I get a replacement and this one a little off, its all overpriced garbage. Serious starting to think I'm better off with the $140 garbage.
Racing designs are in a totally different class than the US 2021 Steez rods, these things are perfect but you would have to have own one or more to know that.

Pretty ignorant to label sub $200 rods garbage by the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:23 am

nfnband wrote:

The warrenty thing is a bitter pill to swallow but I havent broken a rod that wasn't 100% my fault. Even then I can't help but feel like rods that have survived the same treatment and didnt snap but are also much heavier has something into do with rods durability and makes my a little suspect of crazy light weight rods. I don't boat flip because I think it is insane but if I did I would be buying sticks with no questions asked warranties even if the warrenty is baked into the price. I've killed rods because I made a cast after stepping on then or mishandled them getting them out of the car. My pricey stuff gets treated real well because I'm mostly terrified of it. I also have a number of kayak beater sticks that get all beat up but are real cheap and work just fine as functional tools.

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:57 pm

Do people know what the definition of ignorant or do they just toss it around because they are ignorant of its meaning. I own $140 rods so I have first had knowledge knowing what I'm saying. The Guide alignment on a 500 Steez was crap so I had to send it back, the guide alignment on my $140 rod was identical. So since the $140 piece of garbage happens to be my favorite rod at the moment my statement that I'm better of with the $140 piece of garbage is a well informed one. And its on point to call all these rods crap because 90% of them don't have aligned guides.

NOLRAMB wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:25 am
nfnband wrote:

Racing designs are in a totally different class than the US 2021 Steez rods, these things are perfect but you would have to have own one or more to know that.

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:08 pm

Crap Alignment. Both rods the first 4 eyes where off to the left. And the top guide off to the right. Ridiculous at any price point.
Attachments
IMG_0145.jpg
Blazon $140 shipped
IMG_0145.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
IMG_0007.jpg
Steez $500+
IMG_0007.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 2994 times

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:09 pm

Anyway… back to Steez Racing Designs. Any new update rumors?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:39 pm

nfnband wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:57 pm
Do people know what the definition of ignorant or do they just toss it around because they are ignorant of its meaning. I own $140 rods so I have first had knowledge knowing what I'm saying. The Guide alignment on a 500 Steez was crap so I had to send it back, the guide alignment on my $140 rod was identical. So since the $140 piece of garbage happens to be my favorite rod at the moment my statement that I'm better of with the $140 piece of garbage is a well informed one. And its on point to call all these rods crap because 90% of them don't have aligned guides.

NOLRAMB wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:25 am
nfnband wrote:

man I hear ya. i can definitely echo your sentiment on things not being aligned and perfect. I had a big mac the other day and the cheese was not perfectly placed on top of the patty...garbage. The bun wasn't centered...garbage. Some of the lettuce fell out of the burger and was just sitting inside the box...garbage. Ridiculous at any price point

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:21 pm

This is EXACTLY why i buy Whoppers with out cheese.

[/quote]

man I hear ya. i can definitely echo your sentiment on things not being aligned and perfect. I had a big mac the other day and the cheese was not perfectly placed on top of the patty...garbage. The bun wasn't centered...garbage. Some of the lettuce fell out of the burger and was just sitting inside the box...garbage. Ridiculous at any price point
[/quote]

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:02 am

Man...that RD cork is not good. I know around here that's like ripping on Jesus's sandals, but I wonder why daiwa saved the AAAA cork for the BLX.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:57 am

Shouldn't even have cork. The last image to conjure up when thinking about "racing design" is tree bark. It should have some carbon racing inspired something of other. Just carbon grips would have sufficed.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:12 am

After reading these comments
I purpose that we have a rod build off challenge and let the board decide on the build.

That would be epic.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:16 am

That being said I like the RD I have
No issues or anything like that. I wish I could experience a few others
But since that boat has left the dock I would like to know what’s next ?
You can’t get some rods now unless you know someone who is willing to sale you there’s

I’d probably sell ten rods right not but shipping
So I take them and put them on the rack for now. I’d really like to get a rushburn but it’s out and I’m already two sticks in
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:16 pm

Tatula Racing Design incoming :lol: