Pitching spools: 103 R+ vs Blue Emblem

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Pitching spools: 103 R+ vs Blue Emblem

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 am

I already have an R+ as well as a Ray's HLC and Amo fixed inductor spools as well an SV105 spool. I plan on getting a TDZ 105HL to live on a finesse flipping stick to pitch 1/4 - 1/2 oz jigs and some 5 inch senkos. The ability to pitch skip with BE has my interest. I'm thinking these can pitch faster and be more free than an SV spool and similar to the R+ and then skip with SV like ease at high mag dial? Is that what the BE does? I really never could get a solid answer on why they are so highly sought after. I could just plunk in an SV105 spool with pitch skipping and the R+ when going for distance I guess.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Pitching spools: 103 R+ vs Blue Emblem

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:18 am

LowRange wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 am
I already have an R+ as well as a Ray's HLC and Amo fixed inductor spools as well an SV105 spool. I plan on getting a TDZ 105HL to live on a finesse flipping stick to pitch 1/4 - 1/2 oz jigs and some 5 inch senkos. The ability to pitch skip with BE has my interest. I'm thinking these can pitch faster and be more free than an SV spool and similar to the R+ and then skip with SV like ease at high mag dial? Is that what the BE does? I really never could get a solid answer on why they are so highly sought after. I could just plunk in an SV105 spool with pitch skipping and the R+ when going for distance I guess.
While I don’t have a clear answer to your question right now (working )
I do know that there’s one for the OG Zillion platform as well. Only one guy I know has one and won’t sell it.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:26 am

goldrod wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:18 am
LowRange wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 am
While I don’t have a clear answer to your question right now (working )
I do know that there’s one for the OG Zillion platform as well. Only one guy I know has one and won’t sell it.
I'm covered pitching and skipping wise with my TD Zillions. They both have IP spools which despite being MagZ act like deep light weight SV spools. I also have a Ray's TD Zillion spool I pitch with fouro sometimes. Then there is a 3rd option which I plan to get just to have. These are the Amo spools for the TD Zillions which look like ZPI M spools. I really like the way the stock IP spools behave when pitching 3/8 oz and 1/2 oz jigs on the Perfect Pitch with braid. I found myself sending baits lower and lower until they were skipping after being pitched and the spool handled it like a champ. Its something I want to get back into. For some reason I went back to either pitching or cast skipping.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:34 am

One thing I've done and enjoyed in an ugly duckling (103/105HL) is modify a 105 spool with a Type R or R+ inductor in the extended fixed position for pitching and flipping. I never did any skipping with it though but I really like it for pitching and flipping.