Older JDM reels and Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Older JDM reels and Rods

Post by C_diesel2 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:01 pm

I used to be on here all the time, but life happened and I am pretty out of touch with the market. I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources to price old new in the box JDM reels and maybe even a rod or 2. I have a pretty large collection that I hoarded in the early 2000's, before I was married and had children. It may be time to part ways with some of it and I am having a really hard time finding any pertinent info. Thanks, Charles

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Older JDM reels and Rods

Post by Big-Bass » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:06 pm

PM sent.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:08 pm

C_diesel2 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:01 pm
I used to be on here all the time, but life happened and I am pretty out of touch with the market. I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources to price old new in the box JDM reels and maybe even a rod or 2. I have a pretty large collection that I hoarded in the early 2000's, before I was married and had children. It may be time to part ways with some of it and I am having a really hard time finding any pertinent info. Thanks, Charles
Board sponsor Japan Tackle has old reels listed with their original yen prices in their reel archives section.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm

The classifieds here are a good resource too since they remain as a sort of permanent record.

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm
The classifieds here are a good resource too since they remain as a sort of permanent record.
I went that route before posting this.....Most of the items in question are uncommon, even on here.....

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:26 pm

Big-Bass wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:06 pm
PM sent.
That certainly didn't take long :lol:.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:18 am

C_diesel2 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:01 pm
may be you can showcase your collections if you don't mind sharing...I know little about the JDM stuff 20 years ago so just curious :lol:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:33 am

I'm locking this thread before it becomes a buy/sell vehicle.

My suggestion would be to browse the auction site to get an idea or simply begin listing what you want to sell in the classifieds at a price you are comfortable with and take things from there. If they don't move, then lower your prices if you're ok with it, if not, then hold on to them. The question of "worth" is subjective between the parties involved given a variety of circumstances.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"