MB P5

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

MB P5

Post by Johnny A » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:35 am

I’m stuck.
I need a new light bait spinning rod.
The MB Brigand isn’t quite right, too stiff in the mid-section and tip.
I think the Flyssa might be a bit light for what I need, something for weightless plastics, weighted finesse baits including 1/32-1/16 oz jigs.
The Wind Buster seems to be more of a moving bait rod from the description.
The rod I was using was an Evergreen Spin Cobra, 6’3”, medium-heavy action. I think it’s a fast taper. The reason for the change is increased casting distance. I’d like to be between 7’2”-7’6”. Yeah, the water is than clear and the water depth changes that drastically in small areas.
Any input would be great.
Thanks.

theo
Angler
Angler

Re: MB P5

Post by theo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 am

Hey Johnny, I'd say the Windbuster is what you're after, I have been throwing weightless Dot Crawlers on it and it casts beautifully, even in wind (as the name implies). Sensitive, perfect balance and enough power if you're around some light cover. I don't think you'd be disappointed with it.

Theo

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:41 pm

theo wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 am
Hey Johnny, I'd say the Windbuster is what you're after, I have been throwing weightless Dot Crawlers on it and it casts beautifully, even in wind (as the name implies). Sensitive, perfect balance and enough power if you're around some light cover. I don't think you'd be disappointed with it.

Theo
What's the lightest stuff you throw on the Windbuster? And do you find that handle/grip comfortable?

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pm

theo wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 am

Theo
Thanks!
I’ve been tossing 4” and 6” weightless Zoom lizards, 4” Flick Shakes and Power worms, max weights of 1/8 oz, 1/32-1/16 oz finesse jigs w/trailers, etc. I’m going back and forth with 7 - 10 lb floro. Certate 2500 is the reel.