Megabass Destroyer OneTen

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Destroyer OneTen

Post by froteur » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Please give me your opinions of this rod.

Thanks.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer OneTen

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:15 am

:laugh1:, I am sure someone will get some juicy bits of information out to you, sooner than later ;)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:40 am

froteur wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:51 pm
Please give me your opinions of this rod.

Thanks.
Are you asking about the US Destroyer F4.5-611X OneTen Special or the new 2020 P4 F4-65X OneTen Stick
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am

The F4.5-611 OneTen Special

Thanks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:17 pm

froteur wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am
The F4.5-611 OneTen Special

Thanks
That model is a favorite among the current US Destroyer family. I've used it for everything from finesse single hook applications, top water baits, cranks, lighter spinner bait/vibrating jigs, and of course it handles the 110 nicely. The handle is shorter than you'd find on typical casting rods of its length and power. This feature is an advantage where quick downward snaps of the rod tip are often used as with the 110, and other top water baits.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Thanks, Gary!

Anyone else? Especially since this rod is popular.

EthanMartin
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by EthanMartin » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:02 pm

I’ve caught a few hundred bass on mine with vision 110’s up to 6.5lbs. Here’s my thoughts with a compare to my previous jerk bait rod.

Previous rod was a Dobyns 704cb graphite. The Dobyns felt slower and loaded deeper into the blank on smaller fish under 2lbs. When fish load a rod deep I’m less inclined to pull hard in return. Rather I’m listening to the fish and playing it. This equals more fish in the boat. What I didn’t like about this rod was the handle length that seemed to bump me more during twitches, and since it was so slow, I’d fatigue more since my interpretation is that the rod is absorbing so much of my twitch and not enough is getting to the lure. This is just my perception and underwater footage would likely show that I don’t really need to overcompensate and hit the rod as hard as I would to get good action from the 110.

Shifting to the Destroyer F4.5-611... the road is listed at 6’11” but fishes at least as a 7’ rod since length is reduce at handle, not length that comes after the reel. On the cast it loads great with a 110. The retrieve is where this rod is special to me. The combination of shorter handle and faster action make working the lure a pleasure. I get to twitch a lot softer on this faster blank since it’s directly sending more energy to the lure = less fatigue. Sensitivity is also great and when they’re softly mouthing it in cold water on the pause you feel a tick that you just have to reel and lean into. Because this rod is faster it inspires more confidence and control during the fight though, especially on the smaller fish. I don’t fret on losing 1 and 2 lbers halfway to the boat, just happens more often if I’m not being careful. Anything over 3, 3.5 load the rod how it’s meant to and my landing percentage goes way up on those class fish. It played the 6.5 bass beautiful and looking back I wouldn’t want any more any less power in the rod.

I just picked up the new p5 one ten stick. This is supposedly a slower rod than the one you’re looking at and it’s 6” shorter. I have high expectations of this rod, think it’s going to be exactly what I want for how I fish jerkbaits.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Thanks EthanMartin!

That’s the input I was looking for.

Please post up your experiences with the P5 OeTen when you get a chance.

Thanks again!

hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hmnginmn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:35 pm

A little late but here goes

The 110 Special is a fantastic and suprisingly versatile rod. I can throw drop shots, soft plastics, shakeyheads, light jigs and any moving baits within the weight rating. Like the name suggests, it excels in Jerkbait fishing. The "medium fast" action allows the blank to recover quickly in between pauses. The special thing with the taper is that it gives you enough recovery to move a jerkbait but enough give to keep fish pinned, I don't think I've lost a jerkbait fish on this rod yet. The rod is also surprisingly powerful and sensitive which is why I'm comfortable throwing trigs and lighter jigs.

Some of the things that I personally don't like is that the handle is a bit short, it's a bit awkward when you try to two hand bomb casts with it. It also kind of works agianst your favor when you hook a huge fish (accidental pike or musky), the leverage isn't there with a short handle. I prefer the handle and length of my previous jerkbait rod the Gen1 Orochi XX flatside special. But this is a personal preference. I did also have casting distance issues some 1/2oz Jerkbaits. I like to throw the Duo Realis 100sp (which doesnt have a weight transfer system) in cold cold temps and this rod has issues bombing it out there, the weight of the lure doesn't really allow the rod to load up during a cast compared to if you were throwing a Vision 110 or Duo 120SP. All in all, amazing rod and I'd highly recommend it if you jerkbait fish a lot but I could probably let it go in favor of a other destroyer rod.
Long live the Jerkbait

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:08 am

Thanks for the feedback! This is in for I was looking for.

And, yes, I love fishing jerkbaits. Year round.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:01 am

Anyone fishing the P5 OneTen? What else does it do well besides fishing the Vision 110?

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:54 am

jmb27 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:01 am
Anyone fishing the P5 OneTen? What else does it do well besides fishing the Vision 110?
Yes. Any P5 results?

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:53 am

froteur wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:54 am
jmb27 wrote:
Yes. Any P5 results?
Not sure what your answer means???

Regardless, I got impatient and got one from TheTackleTrap. The slow taper is interesting and new to me.

What have you been using the One Ten Stick for (besides it’s namesake lure)?

Caught a few with a whopper plopper the last time out.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 am

jmb27 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:53 am
froteur wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:54 am
jmb27 wrote:
Yes. Any P5 results?
Not sure what your answer means???

Regardless, I got impatient and got one from TheTackleTrap. The slow taper is interesting and new to me.

What have you been using the One Ten Stick for (besides it’s namesake lure)?

Caught a few with a whopper plopper the last time out.
I was also hoping to see if anyone could post up their thoughts on the P5 OneTen. 😬

I haven’t used mine yet. Just received it yesterday.

What size whopper plopper were you fishing?

Thanks.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:42 am

froteur wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 am

I was also hoping to see if anyone could post up their thoughts on the P5 OneTen. 😬

I haven’t used mine yet. Just received it yesterday.

What size whopper plopper were you fishing?

Thanks.
I fished w/the size 90. Also, the rod worked well with crankbaits in the 3/8 oz. range.