Evergreen Grand Stallion GTX?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
AlfredDRT
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Evergreen Grand Stallion GTX?

Post by AlfredDRT » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 am

Hello friends, could someone compare the GTX with the grand cobra RS limited? .... Are they similar rods or can they be compatible? :D

BIGBOY
Angler
Angler

Post by BIGBOY » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 am

AlfredDRT wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 am
Hello friends, could someone compare the GTX with the grand cobra RS limited? .... Are they similar rods or can they be compatible? :D

They are very different rods. The GTX is a longer extra heavy rod and the Grand Cobra RS Is medium heavy plus.

AlfredDRT
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by AlfredDRT » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am

BIGBOY wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 am
AlfredDRT wrote:

They are very different rods. The GTX is a longer extra heavy rod and the Grand Cobra RS Is medium heavy plus.

OK ... For the use almost exclusively with the drt tiny klash and VTS 7 'the grand cobra would be the best choice, right?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:24 pm

AlfredDRT wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am
BIGBOY wrote:
AlfredDRT wrote:

OK ... For the use almost exclusively with the drt tiny klash and VTS 7 'the grand cobra would be the best choice, right?

I have a grand cobra rs. I got it not long after it came out. Extremely versatile rod; can do most everything well. Should easily handle a bait into the 3 oz class IMO. I have never held the grand stallion. However, if those were my only two choices, I’d prefer the GS for the tiny klash just based on the specs.

I recently got my first TK. I like a longer rod for it (I use 76 and 7”4), but think I’d rather have some thing even longer for it. It helps me launch that bait in open water and the length provides a nice long pendulum swing when pitching the bait into tight quarters. For fighting the fish, h or xh with regular taper has been useful because those trebles are usually stuck half on the outside of the mouth/side of the face. The extra length also gives better leverage for fighting the fish. It’s a ‘messy’ bait in that fish seem to crash into. I do like the GC for single hook soft plastic swimbaits. The GC feels super light for all the power it has and it’s a great all around rod. But, has not even occurred to me to throw the TK on it. My 2 cents.

AlfredDRT
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by AlfredDRT » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:31 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:24 pm
AlfredDRT wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am
BIGBOY wrote:
AlfredDRT wrote:

I have a grand cobra rs. I got it not long after it came out. Extremely versatile rod; can do most everything well. Should easily handle a bait into the 3 oz class IMO. I have never held the grand stallion. However, if those were my only two choices, I’d prefer the GS for the tiny klash just based on the specs.

I recently got my first TK. I like a longer rod for it (I use 76 and 7”4), but think I’d rather have some thing even longer for it. It helps me launch that bait in open water and the length provides a nice long pendulum swing when pitching the bait into tight quarters. For fighting the fish, h or xh with regular taper has been useful because those trebles are usually stuck half on the outside of the mouth/side of the face. The extra length also gives better leverage for fighting the fish. It’s a ‘messy’ bait in that fish seem to crash into. I do like the GC for single hook soft plastic swimbaits. The GC feels super light for all the power it has and it’s a great all around rod. But, has not even occurred to me to throw the TK on it. My 2 cents.
Thanks.... 😊👍👌